Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First time on track w/ 997.2S !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 10:24 AM
erenyes
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The first time i took my car out onto the track was pleasant enough, i didnt realize i was gonna be ***** to the walls for a beginner, but i was so excited to use the car for what it was made for...going fast on a track.
I had just recently gotten the car and was still in "break in" mode i had 1500 miles on the car.
Just so you all know break in for the U.S is 2000 miles whereas in europe it's 1000 mile..gee i wonder why? Probably has something to do with european drivers being better accustomed to driving fast and american drivers "thinking" they can drive fast.
Anyhow, being my first event was i bit scared and very stoked so i did everything that was asked of me, must admit was a bit intimidating having someone elses car up my *** waiting to pass me, but i got over that pretty quickly and soon i was the one doing the passing.

Long story short the only damage i incurred was during the excersizes. When they had us doing breaking excercises and i hit one of the cones which left a smudge on the right on the plastic stone guards which easily came off.

Heres the ironic part of the whole day, after putting my car through hell at 1500 miles and incurring very very minimal damage that came off with some goo gone, as im leaving Loudon.
I get onto the main drag to get back onto the highway to get home and i wasnt on the road for more than 45 seconds and WHAM the car in front of me flicks up a rock and hit my windshield.
Left a nice chip in it, all's i could do is shake my head and say WTF.
So the moral of this longwinded story is, in my case at least my car was safer on the track than it was on the road.

P.S, Have not replaced the windscreen yet, had it patched...waiting for another rock to crack it before i go through the trouble of replacement.

PP.S, Your pants are just fine......to the guy that made the comment, it's whats in em that counts..

Sam

Quick Reply: First time on track w/ 997.2S !!!!