Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(With apologies) Is this a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010 | 05:55 PM
Spiffyjiff
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BSL
If in 3 years the car is worth more that residual, buy it out and sell on your own. If worth less, then you can walk away free.
bingo.
Old 09-08-2010 | 06:11 PM
winkingchef
Pro

Not sure what to take of Elusive's tone, but there are some good points here and made me rethink some things.
BSL did make a very good one on the buyout (make sure there is no penalty in the agreement!).
This makes the calculation a bit more of a time value of money thing but 1% is pretty much noise.

Final Comment:
Keep in mind the GT3 is MUCH more of a car than a C2, but like you say, it depends on your personality and capacity for risk whether you notice.
Old 09-08-2010 | 07:07 PM
murox
Advanced

Originally Posted by winkingchef
Not sure what to take of Elusive's tone, but there are some good points here and made me rethink some things.
BSL did make a very good one on the buyout (make sure there is no penalty in the agreement!).
This makes the calculation a bit more of a time value of money thing but 1% is pretty much noise.

Final Comment:
Keep in mind the GT3 is MUCH more of a car than a C2, but like you say, it depends on your personality and capacity for risk whether you notice.
Chef, I'm also a numbers guy. I've run the numbers 20 times, and leasing has been a better financial deal every time. And, as has been pointed out, residuals are always based on MSRP.

Forget leasing. Why would you even consider paying $90,000 cash when Porsche is willing to give you money for 1.9%? Are you not getting more than a two percent return on your money?

I prefer the creature comforts in the C2 to the GT3. If I wanted "more car," I'd buy a turbo.
Old 09-09-2010 | 02:07 PM
BostonDuce
Racer

Originally Posted by murox
Cap cost is $80,050. But they are also giving me $1410.00 to pay off my BMW.
So you're really paying only $79090.00 for the car. Figures a 13% discount. That's an extremely good front end, and not much is left in it for the dealer.

I smell trunk money from the factory-but I thought that was done with.

Anyway $79090.00 financed NMD @ 1.9% for 36 months figures to $2262/month. If you sell (assuming right to sell) for 40k after 36 months, it brings your out of pocket down to about $1150/month.

Leased, you're paying down $28410.00 for 3 years while "financing" the $79090 during that time @ a payment of $1100.00/month. Not exact, but you'd be borrowing at about 3.5% with those parameters.

Either way, you would probably need a 10 year T-note to get a guaranteed yield in excess of those-and as soon as the Fed raises interest rates you'd be married to it for the full 10 years.

BD

Quick Reply: (With apologies) Is this a good deal?