Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aug Sales

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010 | 01:27 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ADias
The Maser is not so hot as a driver's car. I would take a V6 Panamera over a Quattroporte any day. The AM Rapide is an OK driver's car but it is no more than a stretched DB9, thus it is a joke as a sedan. The Panamera is a spacious 4-seater sedan It's form follows function design, through and through - awesome executive sedan, if the executive is a sports car enthusiast.

I do not see you in a sedan, but you ought to test drive a Panamera. The others may be pretty - the style of the day - but the Pana has soul.
Ok, since you have made such strong statements, have you driven Rapide and Quattroporte to make a comparison?

PS. I just read the C&D test, I think this summarizes it perfectly:

“The Panamera is a better high-performStrekance vehicle,” concluded Sutton. “But the Rapide is a better execution of what a car like this should be—all that cachet, curb appeal, that raw emotional draw. The Porsche is Strekbetter equipped, more capable, cheaper, and faster. But the Aston is cooler. And Strekultimately, that’s what this kind of buyer, I imagine, is after.”
Old 09-03-2010 | 01:45 PM
hockeyguy
Instructor

If I'm going to spend that kind of money on a 4000 lb luxury/sport sedan, I'd go for gorgeous.
The QP and the Rapide are indeed both gorgeous.
Old 09-03-2010 | 03:35 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by alexb76
Ok, since you have made such strong statements, have you driven Rapide and Quattroporte to make a comparison?

PS. I just read the C&D test, I think this summarizes it perfectly:
I've driven the Maser. I have not driven the Rapide but seen it. I am not surprised that the Rapide is a good driver, but from seeing it I would not stuff 4 executives in one for more than a few miles on a good day.
Old 09-03-2010 | 04:26 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ADias
I've driven the Maser. I have not driven the Rapide but seen it. I am not surprised that the Rapide is a good driver, but from seeing it I would not stuff 4 executives in one for more than a few miles on a good day.
Yeah but I really don't think any of these cars is meant for that (executives in the back). Audi A8L, or long versions of BMW 750i and MB are meant for that.
Old 09-03-2010 | 04:40 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PTpeecar
What can I say, I'm shallow.
The Panamera is Linda Hamilton and the Quattroporte is Sharon Stone .
LOL, what decade are you living in?
Old 09-03-2010 | 05:14 PM
seattle_sun
Pro

LOL, the Panamera is Jennifer Aniston and the QP is Angelina Jolie- better?

I would take the Rapide or QP over the Panamera in a heartbeat. I don't care which is the "driver's" car. If I wanted a driver's car, I wouldn't even be looking at these models. The Panamera does not come close to the other two cars in the looks department. Come on, it looks like a shrunken Cayenne.
Old 09-03-2010 | 06:02 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by seattle_sun
LOL, the Panamera is Jennifer Aniston and the QP is Angelina Jolie- better?

I would take the Rapide or QP over the Panamera in a heartbeat. I don't care which is the "driver's" car. If I wanted a driver's car, I wouldn't even be looking at these models. The Panamera does not come close to the other two cars in the looks department. Come on, it looks like a shrunken Cayenne.
I like C&D review of the looks

Let’s start with the most obvious. Unless you stare at this Teutonic titan pretty much head-on, it looks like the Pillsbury Doughboy if the Doughboy gained 400 pounds and had a couple of Strekbasketballs attached to his butt. “It has presence but isn’t attractive,” wrote road-test editor Mike Sutton. Mr. Sutton is a generous gentleman.
But the best one is this:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/dri...fset=12&page=2

The Panamera, though, is worse. People have tried to be kind, saying that it’s challenging and that it’s unusual. But the simple fact of the matter is this: it’s as ugly as an inside-out monkey. It’s dreadful. Part Austin Maxi, it looks like someone with no talent at all was trying to describe what they wanted to a blind person, over the phone.

I tried one on a recent trip to Romania and I thought it was a very good car. But that’s like saying Ann Widdecombe has a heart of gold. It’s possibly true but it’s completely irrelevant. You still wouldn’t.
LOL

Last edited by alexb76; 09-03-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 09-03-2010 | 06:40 PM
geof
Drifting

Originally Posted by beachview
No doubt the Panamera is selling, but its clear that existing model YoY new car sales are down across the board.
Prior year YTD = 12729
Current year YTD = 15719

That's a total 23% increase.

If the non-Panamera models fell in sales it is probably because there are people that want a "Porsche" no matter what the model, and the Panamera now available fits their needs better. Without a Panamera they would have instead bought one of the other models.

Quick Reply: Aug Sales