Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Porsche is being held hostage!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 10:29 PM
997_rich
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Curious to know how this shook out. Clutchdumper, any updates?
Old 08-27-2010, 01:56 PM
clutchdumper
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
It's more than likely being held up by the banks because its a large amount of money.
They want to verify funds before isting the deposit. I'm sure it will all work out alright.
Originally Posted by cab&coupe
Mike, did you make to Hill's on Saturday?
Made it to Priest Lake about 12. We waited to see if the lake would calm down a bit as it was pretty windy and choppy about that time. Called the Hills about 1 to see if you guys were still going to be there for awhile and they said you were splitting. I'll try to make the next coffee thing. When is that? Calendar is a little off as it said Hills run was on 28th.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:11 PM
clutchdumper
Track Day

Originally Posted by 997_rich
Curious to know how this shook out. Clutchdumper, any updates?
It was down to the contracted trucking company called Mobile Transport. I guess in this neck of the woods Russians have a grip on the trucking and some guy named Paval had my car. Anyway after I called my Porsche in as stolen and a helpful detective contacted me and was familiar with my predicament. Its common for some of these guys to try and extort more cash from the car owners by saying broker of the transport deal has not deposited money in their account or it hasn't updated for whatever reason. Mobile transport said they would not give me my car until they were paid. The broker produced bank statements proving he paid. Mobile transport was willing to give me my Porsche if I coughed up 850$. It was surprising how fast the account was updated after my detective threatened to arrest them. Search "mobile transport" for more horror stories. Car had a couple of extra miles but undamaged. Just glad to finally get it.

Last edited by clutchdumper; 08-27-2010 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Cant spell
Old 08-27-2010, 02:39 PM
997, esq
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad it worked out. Great that you got the cops involved.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:41 PM
soverystout
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by clutchdumper
It was down to the contracted trucking company called Mobile Transport. I guess in this neck of the woods Russians have a grip on the trucking and some guy named Paval had my car. Anyway after I called my Porsche in as stolen and a helpful detective contacted me and was familiar with my predicament. Its common for some of these guys to try and extort more cash from the car owners by saying broker of the transport deal has not deposited money in their account or it hasn't updated for whatever reason. Mobile transport said they would not give me my car until they were paid. The broker produced bank statements proving he paid. Mobile transport was willing to give me my Porsche if I coughed up 850$. It was surprising how fast the account was updated after my detective threatened to arrest them. Search "mobile transport" for more horror stories. Car had a couple of extra miles but undamaged. Just glad to finally get it.
Damn. that's wild. Glad you got your car.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:43 PM
CWhaley
Three Wheelin'

Good that you get the car back.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:53 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by clutchdumper
Made it to Priest Lake about 12. We waited to see if the lake would calm down a bit as it was pretty windy and choppy about that time. Called the Hills about 1 to see if you guys were still going to be there for awhile and they said you were splitting. I'll try to make the next coffee thing. When is that? Calendar is a little off as it said Hills run was on 28th.
Jeez Mike, glad you got it worked out. The next coffee is September 18th.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:42 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 385 Likes on 268 Posts

It would be helpful to fully identify this car carrier - Mobile Transport - to place it on a black list. It's not clear who they are by doing a Web search.

Great transporters are Reliable Carriers and Intercity Lines.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:34 AM
clutchdumper
Track Day

Originally Posted by ADias
It would be helpful to fully identify this car carrier - Mobile Transport - to place it on a black list. It's not clear who they are by doing a Web search.

Great transporters are Reliable Carriers and Intercity Lines.
Mobile Transport Inc. Spokane

A look at the transport reviews are scary. The problem is when you book a transport you may be dealing with a broker and you haven't a clue who's he's farming it out to.

Last edited by clutchdumper; 08-28-2010 at 04:40 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 10-12-2010, 10:28 AM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Mike, great to meet you and your wife at Octoberfest... and congrats on the beautiful car!!
Old 10-12-2010, 10:42 AM
jakes dad
Racer

Winkingchef.....

Thank you, thank you,...

I really had some fun with that posting...
Old 10-02-2011, 03:24 AM
carbonraptor
1st Gear

Default I NEED UR HELP!!!

i bought a car over over on the east coast and the dealer transported it with the same people you just did.. they wont return my calls or anything its been 8 days and i havent heard a thing from them. they wont answer any of their phones.. im terrafied of whats going on with my car.. i didnt know it was transported with this company unti lafter the car had already shipped from the dealership.. i REALLLYYY need ur help pls.. i cant even get them to answer their phone.. i need the number of the detective you used. im sure he will be familiar with this since you went thru this already.. please call my cell at 541-848-3033 thanks in advance
Old 10-02-2011, 02:04 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by carbonraptor
i bought a car over over on the east coast and the dealer transported it with the same people you just did.. they wont return my calls or anything its been 8 days and i havent heard a thing from them. they wont answer any of their phones.. im terrafied of whats going on with my car.. i didnt know it was transported with this company unti lafter the car had already shipped from the dealership.. i REALLLYYY need ur help pls.. i cant even get them to answer their phone.. i need the number of the detective you used. im sure he will be familiar with this since you went thru this already.. please call my cell at 541-848-3033 thanks in advance
man, I hate hearing about this kind of crap. you would think dealers are a little experienced with this kind of thing.

I never even thought about such a scenario when I bought my car (which was transported across country), I feel fortunate
Old 10-02-2011, 02:12 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
man, I hate hearing about this kind of crap. you would think dealers are a little experienced with this kind of thing.

I never even thought about such a scenario when I bought my car (which was transported across country), I feel fortunate
Yeah, it sounds like the wild wild west! I can't beleive such ****e can still go on these days. I am sure if you shipped a Honda Accord they wouldn't do this ****, they see a shiny Porsche, think they can extort money out of the *rich* owner!

They should literally be arrested and charged!
Old 10-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy

I guess I am lucky as well, never thought about issues with shipping a car. The dealership did everything and gave me the number of the shipping company. There was no drama.

Quick Reply: My Porsche is being held hostage!