Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche 111 point check - worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 04:38 PM
Alfaguy2
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Porsche 111 point check - worth it?

Is the Porsche 111 point check available in the US like here in Ireland - for a set price £180 (UK sterling) they do a full 111 point check.

I am only getting it done out of interest - I am already skeptical as to the real value of this check as some absurd items are part of the check.

I will let you know what I think of it and how I got on. Its booked in for the 27th August.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:01 PM
winkingchef
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

AFAIK, the equivalent in the states is the PPI, which is actually 200+ checks.

If I were buying a used car, I can think of 111 reasons why I'd think it's necessary.
As a maintenance thing on an existing car, I would expect it to be free.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:06 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts

" Porsche New Car Guarantee

Every new Porsche comes with a two year New Car Guarantee with unlimited mileage, valid all around the world and provides comprehensive bumper to bumper coverage against all manufacturing defects. There is no substitute for a comprehensive warranty backed directly by the Porsche Factory in Stuttgart.

When your New Car Guarantee comes to an end your Centre may contact you offering you the option to extend your protection with a Porsche Approved Warranty. You can extend this warranty at any time during your New Car Guarantee, and if you do this in the first year you do not need to pay for a 111 point check.
Porsche Approved Warranty

The Porsche Approved Warranty is included on all Porsche Approved vehicles purchased through our Centres, for a minimum of one year. The Approved Warranty can also be purchased from our Centres to extend any existing Porsche Warranty, whether New or Approved. A Porsche Approved Warranty can be placed on any Porsche, subject to certain criteria, even if the car does not have an existing Porsche Warranty, this is referred to as a Stand-Alone Policy. Porsche Approved Warranties can be purchased in either one or two year packages.

The Porsche Approved Warranty also provides comprehensive bumper to bumper cover, but excludes wear and tear failures.

Unless during the first 12 months post a new car delivery, acceptance of a car for a Porsche Approved Warranty requires a mandatory 111 point check. "

And btw its really a 103+ point check. Here's mine.

John
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Porsche 111 point check - worth it?