Sponsored by:

mp3 playback issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 01:14 PM
chops
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mp3 playback issues

Hi all. I have an mp3 issues with my 997.1 (2006) cab.....whenever I create a CD-R with mp3s (drag and drop files from Windows explorer), i've noticed that it will skip some tracks, stating that there is an error and the file cannot be read. This same mp3 cd plays fine in other cars, cd-roms, etc. This also occurs when I add mp3 files to the same cd at a later date....it takes me ejecting the cd and putting CD back in in order for the player to pick up the new songs. I've of course spoken to the dealer, who commented that there is nothing they can do and that it's a known issue.

Is there a combo of CD brand/burning software that works well? I use Fuji media, which I consider as "quality". Is this truly a 911 issue?
Old 07-28-2010, 01:57 PM
mrzoop
deviated
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

firstly think of a porsche supplied mp3 player in an 06 to be really EARLY technology. car players are not like drives in computers or home stereos. they are finicky at best and the earlier they are the worse they can be. mostly they are sensitive to things which today might seem normal. such as disks made in windows that are not "closed" properly during the burning process. you suggest that you can add additional tracks later and they sometimes seem fine. i am surprised that you are able to play a disk that has not been 'closed' at all on one of these units. i suggest acquiring a full burning software program like Nero or similar. then create a data disk and make sure that the disk is finalized and closed upon completion. this means that you will not be able to add additional info to it after burning. i would personally not completely trust the windows version of drag and drop in this instance. though it may work fine for data file transfers between computers car stereos might not be happy with it.

- good luck...

Quick Reply: mp3 playback issues