Couple Pictures.... 997.2 // HRE C93

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 06:18 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
Riley,

Yea, I recall reading that in a thread you started a while back. I thought you have maybe changed your mind since we haven't heard and more about a car swap from you recently.
dont get me wrong, i love the 911... never felt more at home in a car... BUT one thing i dont like is the incessant rattles in the car (yes i have aftermarket coilovers, but in past cars with coilovers including a previous 997 i never had such noises.. and im very annoyed by small noises, to the extent i actually wear ear plugs when i sleep so i dont have to hear the lawn guys/newspaper man/etc.

im looking as aston vantage's and maserati GT coupes... the black series merc sounds the most fun but i just dont like mercedes and the car looks too much like the standard CLK. i could go more expensive but at the time i really dont wanna jump to lambo's and ferrari's.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:55 PM
niner niner seven
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aircooled0801
I personally think this is one of the sweetest looking 911's I've seen! My $.02 is that you're crazy to get rid of it, but again, I'm on P-car #13, so I'll be quiet.
i think the reason the car looks so sweet its cuz its been lowered. could the OP or someone else please discuss lowering, i dont know much about it and want to get mine lowered based on these smoken photos. i know a lot of the 993 guys lower, but dont know much else about it. kind advise.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:08 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by niner niner seven
i think the reason the car looks so sweet its cuz its been lowered. could the OP or someone else please discuss lowering, i dont know much about it and want to get mine lowered based on these smoken photos. i know a lot of the 993 guys lower, but dont know much else about it. kind advise.
there are two ways to lower a car, i personally call them the incorrect (cheap) way and the correct way.

u can buy lowering springs, that will preload your stock shocks and cause the ride to be rigid from over compression and will lead to your shocks blowing prematurely causing you to spend the money for new shocks. (might be beneficial depending on the amount needing to be lowered, if only half inch then your almost fine and new shocks run like 800/set?+install)

or you can buy true coilovers which will lower the car more, have a more rigid ride from the stiffer springs and shock valving but last and give the car a proper sporty ride like a GT3 would..

i opt for coilovers on every car i buy because i just want it lowered the right way, but the downside can be a jarring ride at low speeds on bad roads and also it then creates rattles sometimes because of the stiffness of shocks and springs... if i had to do it again i think sometimes i would just order the sport pasm from porsche which is 30mm lower than stock and that would be about where i wanted to be and i could always lower another 10-15mm with shorter springs without harming the stock shocks much if at all.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:59 PM
niner niner seven
Racer

thanks for the advice, its just that the photos of your car really really got me into the lowering look -

how much is the true coilovers route? thanks again.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:38 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by niner niner seven
thanks for the advice, its just that the photos of your car really really got me into the lowering look -

how much is the true coilovers route? thanks again.
KWv3 are like 2600? (depending on vendor)
H&R makes a kit that ive seen for like 1800?
JIC makes a kit under their other name "Cross" im not sure on price.

several kits are made, i have the KWv3, i personally have not tried the others.. i heard the JIC kit was very harsh and more race orientated and the H&R kit was somewhat soft, but i always get curious how the H&R kit rides... they had em on SUPER sale on tirerack at one point, i should have bought a set.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:54 AM
BigDouggieDoug
Instructor

I am salivating bad!
Old 07-30-2010, 01:19 PM
schwartzwest
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the pics (as always) and love the wheels
(I'm a Nikon guy but that's another thread
Old 07-30-2010, 01:48 PM
fulcrum2
Track Day

Really a cool car - Would you please tell me what rim /tire dimensions you run?
Any rubbing in the rear? Fenders rolled?

Thanks a lot! Bye, sTefan
Old 07-30-2010, 05:28 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by fulcrum2
Really a cool car - Would you please tell me what rim /tire dimensions you run?
Any rubbing in the rear? Fenders rolled?

Thanks a lot! Bye, sTefan
its in the first page above pics

19x9 245/35
19x12 325/30

nitto INVO

no fender modifications.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:32 AM
fulcrum2
Track Day

Thanks for the information - two additional questions: which rim offsets? More camber in the rear?
Old 07-31-2010, 04:07 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by fulcrum2
Thanks for the information - two additional questions: which rim offsets? More camber in the rear?
my offsets wont work on other cars, the clearance is setup for my height and my alignment.. i dont have much camber in the rear but yes i have camber in front... these wheels would require someone around same height in a C2 or someone with a C4... i built the wheels to fit my car the way it sits, so its finicky.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:33 AM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Does that mean you've settled down for a while now? I dont beleive it. You must have something else planed for the car. Another set of wheels? Color matched, maybe?
She looks stunning, Riley. Enjoy
Old 08-01-2010, 02:00 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 1990964C4
Does that mean you've settled down for a while now? I dont beleive it. You must have something else planed for the car. Another set of wheels? Color matched, maybe?
She looks stunning, Riley. Enjoy
color matched is soo 2007, lol. nothing planned for now.. car shopping... i really love the looks of an aston but the transmissions just feel like crap!... thinking maybe supercharged exige boosted to over 300hp to wheels too.

Quick Reply: Couple Pictures.... 997.2 // HRE C93