Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   997 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum-113/)
-   -   Sirs: water dripping onto my right foot, acceleration pedal (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/580100-sirs-water-dripping-onto-my-right-foot-acceleration-pedal.html)

niner niner seven 07-17-2010 11:32 PM

Sirs: water dripping onto my right foot, acceleration pedal

Sirs - here are the facts:

1. was in the 997 about four hours straight ripping it through the windy back roads today

2. had the AC on the lowest possible degree setting "Low" the entire time

3. had the AC on my feet and mid section setting the entire time

question: could having the AC have caused some condensation to drip on my right foot? thanks advance

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...Photo-0925.jpg

Hella-Buggin' 07-18-2010 12:10 AM

Don't know but I love the color combo on your ride.

niner niner seven 07-18-2010 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin' (Post 7742216)
Don't know but I love the color combo on your ride.

kind thank yous

Edgy01 07-18-2010 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by niner niner seven (Post 7742180)
Sirs - here are the facts:

1. was in the 997 about four hours straight ripping it through the windy back roads today

2. had the AC on the lowest possible degree setting "Low" the entire time

3. had the AC on my feet and mid section setting the entire time

question: could having the AC have caused some condensation to drip on my right foot? thanks advance

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...Photo-0925.jpg

Who has been maintaining the car for you?

One of the requirements is to ensure that the drains are not blocked. They are in various locations between the 'firewall' and the rear wall of the front trunk. If they have collected leaves and things the moisture collecting in the A/C system can very well wind up in the cockpit.

niner niner seven 07-18-2010 01:57 AM

Dan, thanks for responding. You are the truest of students. I could have blockage as I have seen leaves collecting in the front vents when I go to wash the car and bend down to wash the front of the car. So your analysis is moisture could be collecting therefore leaking into the foot pedals?

Porsche is the only one really maintaining the car, since its still under warranty.

ANI GROW 07-24-2010 09:24 PM

GREAT PHOTO

brendo 07-24-2010 09:34 PM

sounds like condensate with drains plugged - as dan surmised.

IIRC, you'll need some compressed air at the outlet to blow them clean. otherwise, what didn't drip will sit there and you'll end up with a musky interior.

mschwa3439 07-25-2010 09:45 AM

condensation a/c clogged drain get it taken care of ASAP before mildew becomes a problem STAT!@!!!!!!!!!

GSIRM3 07-25-2010 11:24 AM

I agree with other posters that you should check your condensate drain lines for blockage. However, your dripping water could be caused by the very high humidity we have been having recently in North Carolina, i.e. dew points in mid to upper 70's, and air temperatures around 100. You mentioned that you had the temperature setting on your AC to the lowest level, and the air distribution set manually to floor and dash, and had the AC running for about 4 hours. It is possible that the relatively cold air coming out of the floor vents eventually cooled the vent down enough that moisture (condensation) began forming on the vent and dripped on your foot.

You mentioned that you had seen leaves collecting in the front of your car when you bent over to wash the front bumper. If you are talking about the openings on either side of the bumper where the radiators and AC condensers are located, those leaves would not cause a blockage of your condensate drain line.

atr911 07-25-2010 12:21 PM

Are you positive it's water?

Quick taste test will confirm.

The dealer will charge you to clean leaves out FYI.

Keep us posted.

niner niner seven 07-26-2010 02:12 PM

i may have left out a major fact:

when i was driving all day, i had the windows down and the AC on low full blast, some may disagree w this offset of warm/cool air but those are the facts. it was in the high 90s at the time and i had condensation.

i have since taken a 10 hour trip again in the high 90s this past weekend and did not have the windows down and no condensation occurred.

JW911 07-26-2010 10:06 PM

Same thing happened to my in my cabriolet the other day. Top was down on a very hot and verrrrrry humid day. A/C blasting to keep me cool. Only a few drops detected on my bare foot. I'm quite sure it was humidity in the air condensing on the very cold air flow box just above my right foot. With your windows wide open, it is likely the same situation.

niner niner seven 07-27-2010 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by JW911 (Post 7765776)
Same thing happened to my in my cabriolet the other day. Top was down on a very hot and verrrrrry humid day. A/C blasting to keep me cool. Only a few drops detected on my bare foot. I'm quite sure it was humidity in the air condensing on the very cold air flow box just above my right foot. With your windows wide open, it is likely the same situation.

yeah you are likely right as it doesnt happen w the windows up. great color and rims on your cab.