Sponsored by:

SharkWerks Feature on Speed Channel

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 10:44 AM
CBnAT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mspeedster
I enjoyed watching that. Congrats and thanks to Sharkwerks for a great show. You guys do need to work on the brakes though, ZKermit needs better stopping power.

Slightly off topic, the 997TT vs. GT-R show was depressing in comparison. Although I expected the GT-R to perform better than the 997.1 TT, the Porsche was put at a greater disadvantage by being a tiptronic AT. They should have gone for a 6-speed manual or better yet a 997.2 TT with PDK Sport Chrono Plus.
Exactly my thoughts as well. I know that 2nd episode will be fuel for the GTR fire. I was also curios why they put Tanner in both p-cars. I wondered if the results would have changed if the drivers switched cars (especially on the road course) in either episode.

My favorite part was hearing both cars scream on the top end run, also watching a car slide sideways around a corner at about 150 is pretty cool as well. I laughed when Tanner called the Ferrari Miss Piggy, and when as he predicted it had problems, not a good showing in that respect.

Overall, great publicity for you guys!
Old 07-26-2010, 01:27 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Mspeedster
I enjoyed watching that. Congrats and thanks to Sharkwerks for a great show. You guys do need to work on the brakes though, ZKermit needs better stopping power.

Slightly off topic, the 997TT vs. GT-R show was depressing in comparison. Although I expected the GT-R to perform better than the 997.1 TT, the Porsche was put at a greater disadvantage by being a tiptronic AT. They should have gone for a 6-speed manual or better yet a 997.2 TT with PDK Sport Chrono Plus.
Thanks mspeedster! Brake test was a bit odd and I think as Paul said he was using the F1 to gear down as well. During the track session you could see our brakes were actually better than the F-car's

It was yes! That TT edition was done months before the PDK was available

Originally Posted by Doc GTO
It was great!!! A little F car whoopen!
Hehe thanks!
Old 08-03-2010, 12:04 AM
PHDX2
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just caught the repeat moments ago on the Speed Channel. Awesome!
Old 08-03-2010, 02:41 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by PHDX2
Just caught the repeat moments ago on the Speed Channel. Awesome!
Thanks John! Someone told me it was on last night
Old 08-31-2010, 09:48 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

for those in the US and that haven't seen it yet (aka you don't get Speed Channel)... the full episode is available now on HULU:
http://www.hulu.com/watch/173325/bat...ri-and-porsche

Quick Reply: SharkWerks Feature on Speed Channel