Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 "Sport" Steering Wheel Retro Fit with Multifunction Module?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 01:52 AM
Musclehedz101
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Question 997 "Sport" Steering Wheel Retro Fit with Multifunction Module?

Before I go down a dead end, I thought I'd poll the collective to see if this is even possible...

I have 2007 997 C4S with the "Sport" (round airbag) style steering wheel and love the feel of the wheel but an wondering if it possible to retro fit a Multifunction control buttons/module into it (or anything like)? The angle of the multifunction control buttons seem the same but you know how it goes with Porsche's and "standards"...

Here's a pic of "Sport" steering wheel without air bag
Attached Images  
Old 07-14-2010, 03:24 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 136 Posts

It's been my understanding that that is not that straightforward a retrofit. Just for the sake of simplicity, assume that you had the conventional multifunction steering wheel available as a take off from another vehicle, the PCM has to be told that there is such a steering wheel in the car. To adapt the round wheel to fit those pieces may be too much work.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:53 AM
Kuhan
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Suncoast supplies a conversion kit where you just replace the buttons. You will need the dealer to activate it.

I spoke to my dealer about it and he mumbled that the wiring may not be there if you have a conventional wheel. Personally I think this is bull but something you should clarify before you go and buy the stuff!

Quick Reply: 997 "Sport" Steering Wheel Retro Fit with Multifunction Module?