Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's lowest dealer price on a C2 (not S) you've seen?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 07:54 PM
csorrows
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's lowest dealer price on a C2 (not S) you've seen?

EDIT: This is for 2010 models only! I meant to put "2010" in the title and forgot, and now I can't go back and edit it.

So I'm continuing my search for a 911, and I know about the special 1.9% financing for 60 months through the end of this month. Had a sales guy at a Porsche dealer tell me they're willing to make deals on some of their 2010's to get them off the lot to free up their allotment for the 2011's.

What's the lowest price people have seen for a 2010 C2 (not the S model, that's out of my reach on a 997.2)? For example, if the sticker says $90,000 are some dealers making deals for $85k? $80k? $75k? Etc?

I'm just curious how low people have seen them go to try and get rid of inventory?

I was restricting my search to 2007/2008 S models, and have found a couple that look interesting as CPO cars. But if I could find a deal (more like a steal) on a 2010 with 1.9% financing I might pursue that, also.

Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

Last edited by csorrows; 07-13-2010 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Clarified year
Old 07-13-2010, 08:29 PM
MrSelfDestruct
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

Dealer markup on a 911 is generally 10%. If you shop around at the end of the month you should be able to get close to sticker - 10% + tax & tag. Be sure to check for any other incentives Porsche may be offering as well.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:59 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

i wish they did more incentives, last year i got 29% off brand new car... i want that on a turbo now!
Old 07-13-2010, 09:41 PM
MrSelfDestruct
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
i wish they did more incentives, last year i got 29% off brand new car... i want that on a turbo now!
Lats year's incentives were great but they killed dealer trade-in value. When you go to sell, do it privately.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:58 PM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

You can work one up here - http://amexnetwork.zag.com/main.html - and see what the markup is. Seems like 14% or so on options and maybe 12% on the car. The options and pricing is very comprehensive on this site - same choices as the PAG configurator and it shows MSRP and Invoice prices.

At any rate, you can use that site to get a 9% off, no haggle price - 2010 or 2011. That's a good place to start - any discount less than that, and you have to be wanting a specific car that is not at a participating dealer. I doubt they toss in 1.9% financing though - usually you get one "deal" or the other.

Make a spreadsheet with a 9% off car and your bank's best rate and then compare that to their deal and see which has the lowest total cost. Make sure it is an apples to apples spreadsheet - gotta include any tax and title bits and anything else they tack on to make sure the comparison works. When I got my car, I came in with the computer and spreadsheet.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:10 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Here is how you can edit the title of the thread.
  • Edit the initial post in the thread like you would normally do for a post, but then click on the Go Advanced button at the bottom of the page.
  • Now you should be able to edit the title as well as the body of the post.
  • Click on the Save button.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:17 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by MrSelfDestruct
Lats year's incentives were great but they killed dealer trade-in value. When you go to sell, do it privately.
i got pretty high trade at the time too for my 997.1 cab... i know after the fact they dipped but id say they are back up now... selling privately isnt worth it.. with the tax savings applied against what they give you.. comes out about the same with 1/10th the hassle.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:09 AM
Kuhan
Racer

I would look at '09s - they are selling cheap. I saw a white PDK launch coup recently for $67k and I was offered the PDK launch blue cab S for $85 without even asking.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:21 AM
csorrows
Instructor

Originally Posted by Kuhan
I would look at '09s - they are selling cheap. I saw a white PDK launch coup recently for $67k and I was offered the PDK launch blue cab S for $85 without even asking.
A 2009 997.2 for $67k?? That's way below anything I've seen so far. There are seven Bay Area Porsche dealerships, and I hit all their websites, plus the one in Monterey, and I think I only found a very small number of 09's available, and nothing in the colors I want and also with a 6-speed.

There were plenty of 2010's for sale (which qualify for the 1.9% financing), but they were all too expensive. I think the cheapest I saw was around $82k.

My main issue is I'm being pretty picky. If it's a 997.1, I want an S. I've decided if I get a 997.2, I'm okay with a non-S. A 6-speed is a must...no Tips, PDKs, etc. It has to be a stick. Also, I'm only looking at Guards Red, and White. While I like the Speed Yellow, I've decided it's probably a little too "out there" for what I'm looking for.

I did find a nice 2008 4S I'm going to take a look at this weekend, so there is some hope for me yet
Old 07-14-2010, 09:27 AM
hockeyguy
Instructor

The 2009 white C2 pdk and blue C2S cab pdk launch cars are still unsold because they don't have sports chrono.

(the green C2S and meteor C4S pdk launch cars are almost all sold out because they do have sprts chrono)
Old 07-14-2010, 10:30 AM
Kuhan
Racer

Originally Posted by csorrows
A 2009 997.2 for $67k?? That's way below anything I've seen so far. There are seven Bay Area Porsche dealerships, and I hit all their websites, plus the one in Monterey, and I think I only found a very small number of 09's available, and nothing in the colors I want and also with a 6-speed.
The 09s that are out there now are cars that have been difficult to sell - primarily because they have options that people don't want. You can now get these for a song but recognise that there is a reason for that. If you find a 6-speed unsold, it will be in a horrible colour or will not be tastefully optioned.

Originally Posted by hockeyguy
The 2009 white C2 pdk and blue C2S cab pdk launch cars are still unsold because they don't have sports chrono.
Absolutely - but the loss of sports chrono gives you a car without launch control and selectable handling settings. If you're not going to track the car, other than some cheap thrills, when are you going to ever use these functions? Probably once ot twice to play with and then never again. If you are going to track the car, then I can see the benefit.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:29 PM
hockeyguy
Instructor

Absolutely - but the loss of sports chrono gives you a car without launch control and selectable handling settings. If you're not going to track the car, other than some cheap thrills, when are you going to ever use these functions? Probably once ot twice to play with and then never again. If you are going to track the car, then I can see the benefit.
I have a 2009 C2S pdk as a daily driver only, and never will track it.
I keep it in Sports mode nearly all the time. I would'nt buy another pdk car without sprts chrono, as it makes a big difference, even in daily driving.
Not that importnant for manual cars though.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:13 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 546 Posts

I have a 2009 C2S pdk as a daily driver only, and never will track it.
I keep it in Sports mode nearly all the time. I would'nt buy another pdk car without sprts chrono, as it makes a big difference, even in daily driving.
Not that importnant for manual cars though.
Correct - If you get PDK you must get SC. Its a must even for day to day. If its a 6MT - dont need SC.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:40 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

i'll sell my launch white at 67
Old 07-14-2010, 09:43 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

(the green C2S and meteor C4S pdk launch cars are almost all sold out because they do have sprts chrono)
The 09s that are out there now are cars that have been difficult to sell - primarily because they have options that people don't want. You can now get these for a song but recognise that there is a reason for that. If you find a 6-speed unsold, it will be in a horrible colour or will not be tastefully optioned.

Originally Posted by rodsky
Correct - If you get PDK you must get SC. Its a must even for day to day. If its a 6MT - dont need SC.

---i dont miss the lack of SC... i used to have it and never used it... I'm sorry but someone who daily drives the car is not going to use launch control very often if at all, unless your doing stupid stuff on the road for bragging rights. the shifting is more crisp with SC, but if you turn off the PSM you'll notice harder shifts on non SC equipped models because it doesnt soften the tq in shifts.

Quick Reply: What's lowest dealer price on a C2 (not S) you've seen?