Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Factory Tour July 8th - anyone with an inside line?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 09:02 AM
winkingchef
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Porsche Factory Tour July 8th - anyone with an inside line?

Hi all:

I am hoping someone on the forum can help me out. I have been a 997 owner for nearly 2 years and have always dreamed of going to the Porsche Factory for a tour.

I am going to be in Stuttgart for vacation (after a 3 week long business trip) and my girlfriend and I were trying to get a factory tour in Zuffenhausen on the morning of Thursday, July 8th at 10am.

We emailed the link on the website, but they wrote us back that they do not have space for us (though it is not clear if they are blowing us off or if there are no spaces left).
Thank you for your interest in Porsche AG and your request for a factory
tour.

Unfortunately, we received so many tour requests for 2010, that we are not able to place every group asking for a tour. Therefore we are not able to offer you a factory tour for your requested date.

Sincerely,

Christian Hoenniger

Public Relations

Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche Aktiengesellschaft
Porscheplatz 1
D - 70435 Stuttgart
Tel.: +49 (0)711 / 911 - 25384
Fax: +49 (0)711 / 911 - 25111
E-Mail: factorytours@porsche.de

--------------------------------------------------
(excerpt of my lovely girlfriend's email - she just has to get her zinger in somewhere)
My boyfriend owns a Porsche 911 and spends most of his weekends looking at Porsche websites, so he would absolutely love to take a factory tour. He is currently in Europe on a business trip, and I will be joining him in Munich at the end of his trip. I hope that I can successfully arrange a tour of the Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen factory.

I am hoping someone here (dealer or otherwise) can take us under your wing and pull a string to get us in. I would be very very appreciative for any help. If you need my name/details, please send me a PM (currently on EU time)

Thanks very much in advance!
Old 06-23-2010, 01:08 PM
helispud
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

When you get to Stuttgart, You might take a chance and go to the factory. The day I took my tour a few people didn't show up and some walk ins were able to take their places.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:25 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by helispud
When you get to Stuttgart, You might take a chance and go to the factory. The day I took my tour a few people didn't show up and some walk ins were able to take their places.
Exactly! Go to the Museum, totally worth going, then when you get there ask if you can go on a tour, I am sure you'd have a high chance of getting in. Get there early to increase your chances. I never booked and just popped by.

If not, worst case you see the amazing cars at the Museum and listen to the commentary on Porsche racing history.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:33 PM
911RufRT
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just had a tour last week. Over ten people didn't show up, so we only had 8 people on the tour. I would think you could get in if the timing is right.

Quick Reply: Porsche Factory Tour July 8th - anyone with an inside line?