997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear right slight squek @ idle anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010 | 04:19 PM
997for40
Instructor

Default Rear right slight squek @ idle anyone?

06 C2 18K miles.. Anyone have the same/encountered this problem? I took my car in to have the problem diagnosed, came back with noise is to low to figure out where it's coming from. They told me to wait till it get louder and bring it back. Well, I tool it back recently with the noise still the same level, now full warranty is gone and my CPO kicked in. I was totally surprised when they told me that I will resposible for diagnosis/tear down if the CPO warranty doesn't cover the problem. I called the PCNA and told me the same, even if I was still under full factory warranty and they found that it was a clutch bearing, I would still be responsible.

I've been reading a few post regarding clutch squek but my car doesn't make that noise when I press the pedal or under load just on idle. I'm totally disappointed with PCNA and the way they handle this.
Old 06-04-2010 | 05:06 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

A clutch is a wear item on a car. It's considered a consumable. Routinely that includes the clutch disk, pressure plate and throwout bearing. If the bearing is suspect, then it would fall under the category of wear. To dig into a car, particularly a used car, that deeply and to never recoup a cent from the owner would be going well beyond normal business practice for any automobile manufacturer. These cars do not come with unlimited warranties. This is one reason why Porsche routinely gets off scott free--few Porsche owners of today actually put 50,000 miles on their Carreras by the fourth year of ownership. When you buy a used car it's impossible to know for sure what the guy in front of you did to the car. He might have been useless driving a 6-speed, riding the clutch pedal for 18,000 miles. A friend of mine had a surprise bill when it was discovered a rodent had chewed through the starter cable on his vehicle. The manufacturer wasn't responsible yet the service center had to tear things down considerably to discover the problem and rectify it.

Last edited by Edgy01; 06-04-2010 at 08:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Rear right slight squek @ idle anyone?