Sponsored by:

Recommendation for Dealer/Salesperson in MD/DC/NoVa area

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 07:47 AM
trcox57
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Recommendation for Dealer/Salesperson in MD/DC/NoVa area

A colleague of mine is interested in buying a CPO 997....2008 or 09 probably. I recommended she buy a CPO car for a number of reasons.
Is there any salesperson/dealer in the area that anyone would recommend who will spend the time with her and explain/demonstrate so she can make a good decision?
Thanks
TonyC
Old 05-28-2010, 09:40 AM
Spiffyjiff
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

bob brown at rkvl porsche. reminds me a bit of the "absent minded professor" syndrome sometimes, but hell of a nice guy, genuine, honest and will give your concerns the attention they deserve. unsure if they have any inventory applicable to your friend's interest, tho...
Old 05-28-2010, 04:30 PM
geof
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiffyjiff
bob brown at rkvl porsche. reminds me a bit of the "absent minded professor" syndrome sometimes, but hell of a nice guy, genuine, honest and will give your concerns the attention they deserve. unsure if they have any inventory applicable to your friend's interest, tho...
We bought the T4 and two Audis from Bob Brown. Nice guy.

I remember also dealing with the manager (I think his name is David?) at Porsche of Arlington off Rt 1. We almost bought from him instead but Rockville had the car we wanted. I found him to be attentive as well and I know of one other regular of this forum who would vouch for him.

If you just want raw selection then probably Tysons is the best bet- their vehicle storage space is *HUGE*!! I don't know how their staff are to deal with.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:36 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Tony - check with David Harris, Porsche of Arlington - tell him I sent you. Great guy to work with on my '09 Turbo.

Eric

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 05-29-2010, 07:53 AM
trcox57
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys thanks much for the feedback! I'll pass it all on to her.
Cheers!
TonyC
Old 05-29-2010, 11:44 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 831 Likes on 458 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy
Tony - check with David Harris, Porsche of Arlington - tell him I sent you. Great guy to work with on my '09 Turbo.

Eric
Concur David Harris is outstanding. Tell him Rob C-G sent you as well. Always pleasant to work with and will find you the right car for your needs no matter where it is. Truly stands by his cars and his word and deals made! When my PSE install was quoted by the service guys to take longer and cost more than his original estimate he stood by his orginal estimate/quote and insisted that no matter what I would pay what he quoted me and nothing more...even gave me a Boxster S SE to drive the extra day it took for them to complete the install. A stand up guy. Would be leary of another local No VA/MD/DC dealer and I've talked to a few of em. Good luck.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:07 AM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I'm glad you guys told me about this Mr. Harris. I have not been pleased with my Porsche dealers around here since my guy left to manage out of state. I am probably going to buy my next one from the one and only Stoppie.

Quick Reply: Recommendation for Dealer/Salesperson in MD/DC/NoVa area