Opinions 2005 C2S Cab

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 02:24 PM
socalsteve
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dD/dt
Dan

Best of luck with the search. I finally bought new last fall when I realized that the deals were incredible, and most sellers of used 997's weren't being realistic about what the used cars were actually worth in that climate.

The situation's leveled out a bit since then, but keep a few things in mind. First, the others are right about the market firming up. A year ago, a glut of new inventory really depressed prices across the board. Second, this is the most expensive time of year to buy, especially a convertible. Third, if you're ready to pull the trigger, especially with cash, don't be shy about insulting people with an offer that's what you want to pay, and not what they want to get. Finally, as hard as it seems to find just the right car, I promise you the sellers feel even more burdened trying to find a real buyer.

Alex
All great points!

And, btw, I bought my 2007 Coupe at Hoehn in Oceanside...I spent a month working on them to get the price lower via email. I kept walking away from the deal and they kept emailing me with lower offers...Until, it was low enough to feel comfortable to actually go look at the car.

I went to the dealership with a pre-approved loan from B of A and a firm out the door price from them. I test drove it and knew it was the car for me...

Be patient, the right car (at the right price) will come along...if it doesn't, work on making it the "right price"...Dont be afraid to walk away from any deal...and/or make low ball offers.

It is a BUYERS MARKET still.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:27 PM
996Pilot
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dD/dt
Dan

.... Third, if you're ready to pull the trigger, especially with cash, don't be shy about insulting people with an offer that's what you want to pay, and not what they want to get. Finally, as hard as it seems to find just the right car, I promise you the sellers feel even more burdened trying to find a real buyer.

Alex
Alex - right on the money with prices firming up and good point about the "low ball" offer as I am ready to pull the trigger with all cash.

Steve -- I'm close to Hoehn (Oceanside) and I've always liked them as a dealer. Do you mind telling me how much they went down (either dollars or percentage) from asking to final deal? Was your car CPO'd from them?

Thanks - Dan
Old 05-23-2010, 07:04 PM
socalsteve
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 996Pilot
Alex - right on the money with prices firming up and good point about the "low ball" offer as I am ready to pull the trigger with all cash.

Steve -- I'm close to Hoehn (Oceanside) and I've always liked them as a dealer. Do you mind telling me how much they went down (either dollars or percentage) from asking to final deal? Was your car CPO'd from them?

Thanks - Dan
Yes, CPO'd through them. They emailed me all the PPI, Carfax,DME scans, etc.

They started at $62,000.00 and went down to $54,000.00. Not bad (and, they probably still made some $$$ from the deal)...Took awhile. But, I kept walking away and they kept lowering the price...finally, they wouldnt go any lower.

I think the key is to NOT get attached to any one car. If it doesnt sell for what you feel its worth, then walk away and find a different car.

Good luck!

Steve

Quick Reply: Opinions 2005 C2S Cab