Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your opinion on my predicament!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 12:23 AM
tkids
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This "Post" is spinning out of control. I just wanted opinions on the specific fact that I originally posted. Just that and only that! Amazing how people start letting it fly from their mouths!

Read the original post: "I ask my dealership about getting my deposit back since I won't be getting a May build 2011". "I asked", the same as inquired. I didn't tell them I wanted my money back. Acutally, the question was if I can't find a car in this country that I like, will you give me my money back worse case scenario?!

The dealership loses nothing by saying "yes". Loses everything by saying NO...Future customer and Word of mouth advertising.

For those who care: I have "Settled" on a car found across the country and it is being shipped here.
I will pay for it and I will walk away from this dealership and I will never step foot in there again! I will never recommend that dealership to anyone and I will not be buying my next 911 there!

Fair.........Legal........right thing to do...........good business..........

The misinformation that led this Buyer into the Dealership contract was generated by Porsche. The dealer is not at fault and the Buyer is not at fault!

Good business would have been to simply say, "Sure we will give you your money back, but I am sure we can find your car on a dealer lot!" This dealership touted that they like to build relationships with customers, that they were not like other dealerships. They have built a nice short-term fling!

This buyer was not going to walk away from a 7% discount on a new Panamera and Porscheless!

Thanks for those who actually stuck to topic at hand and gave very good opinions.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:25 AM
tkids
Pro

Originally Posted by abe
How much less would the 997 be worth if you would have kept it for 3-4 more months?
That should also be taken into account.
abe
I am not sure, it might have been worth more?! But most likely less. I normally sell outright. If I trade-in again it will be on an instant deal done that minute. All relationships with dealers are left short, IMHO.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:20 AM
Clifton
Pro

Received 66 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by tkids

Questions for the answerman:
1. How is the dealer being hurt by giving me my money back?? They lose because if they let you off the hook, they no longer have an immediate buyer and each day they held the car for you, they lost potential opportunities to sell that build allocation to someone else.
2. How do you think they will benefit by keeping my 5k? The point is not to benefit, it is a tactical move to keep flaky buyers honest
3. Do you think it is good business? Absolutely - the whole point of a deposit/earnest money is for the buyer to show serious intent (putting your money where your mouth is) while creating a self-penalizing feature for those who attempt to break a signed deal.
Finally,
4. How can you comment on my predicament when not knowing the whole story/facts? Do you think it is right to start calling me out after you conjure up the rest of the story on what you think/assume/speculate might be the case.
Easy, you presented limited information and asked people to comment. I suspect you left a lot of key details out, intentionally, so as to better your sob story. And I call it like I see it - you were being childish and your argument lacked merit based on the contract that you yourself disclosed and admitted to signing.
Moral of the story - don't sign a contract and put money down unless you are prepared to lose it if you feel you need to walk away. And if the delivery date was so crucial to the deal, then shame on you for not including that in a contract that you signed. Subsequently, throwing a tantrum on a forum in hopes to rally the villagers to raise their pitch forks in anger at a dealer is really in poor taste - shame on you again.

As I said before, instead of grasping at a technicality, be a man and own your mistake.

Last edited by Clifton; 05-21-2010 at 10:29 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:14 AM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Anyone tired of people asking for opinions...which we take time out to respond in an attempt to help. They don't like what you have to hear and we are not given full information ....so we get the blame! If someone gives a questionable response...."you don't know the facts" Well, how about giving us all the facts. How about posting a copy of the contract...maybe there is a little fine writing that was missed.
Yeah, your 997 with three xtra months and more milage might be worth more...
Everything sounds too one sided with no openess to the posibility that the dealer may have good points too. If anyone got out of control...it wasn't us.
Thanks to all of those who agree me and didn't contradict me....
BTW, I sincerely wish you good luck despite the tone of this post.
abe

Last edited by abe; 05-23-2010 at 03:21 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:22 AM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 235 Posts

I would just suck it up and wait.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:32 AM
VGM911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Clifton
Moral of the story - don't sign a contract and put money down unless you are prepared to lose it if you feel you need to walk away. And if the delivery date was so crucial to the deal, then shame on you for not including that in a contract that you signed. Subsequently, throwing a tantrum on a forum in hopes to rally the villagers to raise their pitch forks in anger at a dealer is really in poor taste - shame on you again.

As I said before, instead of grasping at a technicality, be a man and own your mistake.
+1
Old 05-21-2010, 12:27 PM
911FM
Racer

This "Post" is spinning out of control. I just wanted opinions on the specific fact that I originally posted. Just that and only that! Amazing how people start letting it fly from their mouths!

Read the original post: "I ask my dealership about getting my deposit back since I won't be getting a May build 2011". "I asked", the same as inquired. I didn't tell them I wanted my money back. Acutally, the question was if I can't find a car in this country that I like, will you give me my money back worse case scenario?!

The dealership loses nothing by saying "yes". Loses everything by saying NO...Future customer and Word of mouth advertising.

For those who care: I have "Settled" on a car found across the country and it is being shipped here.
I will pay for it and I will walk away from this dealership and I will never step foot in there again! I will never recommend that dealership to anyone and I will not be buying my next 911 there!

Fair.........Legal........right thing to do...........good business..........

The misinformation that led this Buyer into the Dealership contract was generated by Porsche. The dealer is not at fault and the Buyer is not at fault!

Good business would have been to simply say, "Sure we will give you your money back, but I am sure we can find your car on a dealer lot!" This dealership touted that they like to build relationships with customers, that they were not like other dealerships. They have built a nice short-term fling!

This buyer was not going to walk away from a 7% discount on a new Panamera and Porscheless!

Thanks for those who actually stuck to topic at hand and gave very good opinions.
Hope you enjoy your car. That's what counts in the long run.

FM
Old 05-21-2010, 12:42 PM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SO how did you unwind this deal?
Old 05-21-2010, 03:46 PM
cbzzoom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ridiculous. 1. He never threw a tantrum. 2. He has the law on his side. 3. Dealer contracts that take deposits are usurious and it's absurd to suggest he should have got a gauranteed delivery date in writing because no one would do that.

But most of all the issue is that he is spending a ton of money on a new car and the dealer is making plenty of profit. The dealer should be eager to accommodate him in any way. They should be trying to build a lifetime relationship with a buyer who will come back for car after car over the years. Even *if* the dealer had right on their side (they don't) , they should *still* as much as possible let the buyer have their way and be comfortable with the purchase. Clearly they do not care about that, and because of that OP should go elsewhere.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:23 PM
YA911Fan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cbzzoom
The dealer should be eager to accommodate him in any way. They should be trying to build a lifetime relationship with a buyer who will come back for car after car over the years.
The era of a "lifetime relationship" with a car dealer is over, if it ever existed. I'm sure most of us just shop for the best deal, without regard to where we bought the last one. Not much loyalty the other way either unless you happen to be a super-customer who buys a couple of Ferraris every year and lets the dealer churn them...
Old 05-21-2010, 05:33 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by cbzzoom
Ridiculous. 1. He never threw a tantrum. 2. He has the law on his side. 3. Dealer contracts that take deposits are usurious and it's absurd to suggest he should have got a gauranteed delivery date in writing because no one would do that.
1) He threw a tantrum right here in this forum. He asked for opinions about a situation and did not give us the complete picture of the facts. So to give some usable advice, others have to fill in the blanks. He then got agitated about the fact that different folks filled in the blanks in different ways. If you want the answer that pertains to your exact case, you must give us your complete case.

2) Its not at all clear where the law or courts would come down on this, he did sign a written contract pertaining to his deposit.

3) there is nothing usurious about a deposit to get a customized order for a car. For a possible customer to get to configure the car in a way the dealer may not feel would sell or profit them as much, the customer should indeed put up some security. Deposit also for holding a spot , as someone else may want that spot.

Yeah, you would not get a guaranteed delivery date.. which is why its so odd that the OP is so up in arms that he is not getting a car at a time that was never agreed to in writing. All that appeared to happen is that at some point in the computer system it appeared that the car would be delivered at an earlier point than it is now appearing to be delivered.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:57 PM
tkids
Pro

"Tantrum" however you want to spin it! It was a simple question. I ask a simple question for people that can focus on question, but I guess there is always some "Mouth" that goes on and fabricates the "Rest of the Story", such as you and you are just the kind of "Child" that goes through life starting trouble by shooting his mounth off with an opinion that is based on facts that he creates in his little mind!

If you actually read my post and could focus for more than a minute you will have read that I was trying to work it out with this dealership.

I do take issue with "Mouths" like yours that make assumptions, fabricate and basically put words in my mouth, in this case my post.

Just move along "Child" because a you are the one not acting like a "Man".

You work for that dealership, because you seem like one of the "Clowns" that might trolling that dealership's floor!?

Last edited by tkids; 05-22-2010 at 08:29 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-22-2010, 08:28 PM
tkids
Pro

Originally Posted by abe
Anyone tired of people asking for opinion...which we take time out to respond in an attempt to help. They don't like what you have to hear and we are not given full information ....so we get the blame! If someone gives a questionable response...."you don't know the facts" Well, how about giving us all the facts. How about posting a copy of the contract...maybe there is a little fine writing that was missed.
Yeah, your 997 with three xtra months and more milage might be worth more...
Everything sounds too one sided with no openess to the posibility that the dealer may have good points too. If anyone got out of control...it wasn't us.
Thanks to all of those who agree me and didn't contradict me....
BTW, I sincerely wish you good luck despite the tone of this post.
abe
Abe, not a problem with positive or negative opinions. Problem with people creating the rest of the story and then commenting on what they conjurre up!

By my third post all facts and the whole story was complete. the only writing as I stated was on the contract was published there! That's it. Whole story. I gave you the dealership's reason he was keeping the deposit. Please read my posts, it is the whole story. Thanks, I will enjoy my car as I always do!

Originally Posted by YA911Fan
The era of a "lifetime relationship" with a car dealer is over, if it ever existed. I'm sure most of us just shop for the best deal, without regard to where we bought the last one. Not much loyalty the other way either unless you happen to be a super-customer who buys a couple of Ferraris every year and lets the dealer churn them...
Funny, because as I told the salesman their that I buy Porsches at different dealerships over the years and he told me they like to build "Lasting Relationships".

Originally Posted by Minok
1) He threw a tantrum right here in this forum. He asked for opinions about a situation and did not give us the complete picture of the facts. So to give some usable advice, others have to fill in the blanks. He then got agitated about the fact that different folks filled in the blanks in different ways. If you want the answer that pertains to your exact case, you must give us your complete case.

2) Its not at all clear where the law or courts would come down on this, he did sign a written contract pertaining to his deposit.

3) there is nothing usurious about a deposit to get a customized order for a car. For a possible customer to get to configure the car in a way the dealer may not feel would sell or profit them as much, the customer should indeed put up some security. Deposit also for holding a spot , as someone else may want that spot.

Yeah, you would not get a guaranteed delivery date.. which is why its so odd that the OP is so up in arms that he is not getting a car at a time that was never agreed to in writing. All that appeared to happen is that at some point in the computer system it appeared that the car would be delivered at an earlier point than it is now appearing to be delivered.
Do you have a kid? Do you know what a "Tantrum" is? I took issue and went after one "Mouth" here, because he fabricated his own story and then commented on it! As I told "Abe" above if you had read my first 3 posts on this topic, there were all the facts, that is it! Nothing else, so nothing else for you to know to comment on!

You are correct on the deposit and it use! However, in this instance "Spots" are not an issue and wide open. Secondly, the customize car can simply be changed back.

I am and never was going to lose my deposit or 7% off deal, so I have worked it out, so I guess I am a "Man" as the "Child" says

I do not know why any dealership would not return a deposit when a car has not even entered production and can be changed or if a "Spot" in a hot market couldn't be handed to someone next on a waiting list. The dealership knew why I walked in to their Store and it would have been "Good Business" even though it was no fault of theirs or the Buyer.

I think alot of people here got the "Topic" right, but for some reason some thought there must be more and there wasn't!

It is unfortunate that in this day in age that you have people that will give you their opinion and then proceed to personally attack the Messenger!

Thanks for you intelligent posters that actually read the Posts and actually had decent comprehension of the words in my Posts, regardless of your opinions.

Funny how this "Post" actually became about the reckless "Posters" you find on Internet boards!
Old 05-23-2010, 12:21 AM
Clifton
Pro

Received 66 Likes on 38 Posts

"Tantrum" however you want to spin it! It was a simple question. I ask a simple question for people that can focus on question, but I guess there is always some "Mouth" that goes on and fabricates the "Rest of the Story", such as you and you are just the kind of "Child" that goes through life starting trouble by shooting his mounth off with an opinion that is based on facts that he creates in his little mind!

If you actually read my post and could focus for more than a minute you will have read that I was trying to work it out with this dealership.

I do take issue with "Mouths" like yours that make assumptions, fabricate and basically put words in my mouth, in this case my post.

Just move along "Child" because a you are the one not acting like a "Man".

You work for that dealership, because you seem like one of the "Clowns" that might trolling that dealership's floor!?

The story is now changing, yet the tantrum continues.... *sigh*

Old 05-23-2010, 09:54 AM
tkids
Pro

The story is now changing, yet the tantrum continues.... *sigh*

Thanks for sharing your picture with us! Just like I thought you would look like

For God's sake, I hope your "Mind" and "Mouth" is only your liability

"Time waster"

Quick Reply: Your opinion on my predicament!?