Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paradise by the dashboard lights...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 03:49 PM
slider
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Paradise by the dashboard lights...

3 weeks in with a new-to-me 06 S with aero (pix still to come).

I've read and re-read the manual...I'm trying to find a way to increase the brightness of the instrument cluster digital screens. I've tried the light **** between the speedo and the oil temp guage, but that only minimally changes the chrono gauge lighting. I've not been able to find a menu item on the center menu control either. What am I missing?
Old 05-18-2010, 04:11 PM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 69 Posts

The brightness of the instrument cluster is not set to an absolute value by the ****, so you'll barely notice any change unless the cabin is actually dark (or you cover the photo sensor with your thumb). Are your instruments too dim even when you're driving after dark? Also, the sport chrono timer won't light up unless you're actually timing something. Are you saying it remains dim even while it's running?

I don't think you're missing anything really, the turning the brightness **** is the correct way to change the illumination of the instruments.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:32 PM
slider
Rennlist Member

thanks Chris. What I'm hoping for is more brightness from the digital screens within the instrument cluster. Does the **** control both the screens and the back-lighting of the analog instruments?
Old 05-19-2010, 09:21 AM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 69 Posts

Joe,

The **** will change the brightness of all the instruments and dials, as well as the PCM display and associated buttons. There is a very noticeable change in my car from bright to dim, when the car thinks the cabin is dark. If you're not in direct sunlight, you can try placing your finger over the sensor in the dash, its the dark circle on the right side of the speedometer pod, and see what difference that makes.

Also, I went looking and found another brightness control for the PCM module. Press the "set" button, choose PCM display, and among the list will be a brightness control. You can play with that, but on my car it only affects the PCM display brightness. Regardless of this setting, the dashboard **** still ramps up/down the light from everything in the car.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:53 AM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah like cviles says, mess with that sensor.

Am I the only one or are other guys slightly disappointed that the instrument illumination go on until it feels like it?

I LIKE the dash FULLY illuminated when the headlights are on late in the day near sunset
Attached Images   
Old 05-19-2010, 12:45 PM
CBnAT
Pro

Funny, at night I prefer my instruments to be very dim.

Quick Reply: Paradise by the dashboard lights...