Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to reset PCM 3.0? (cd won't read)

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 09:42 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default How to reset PCM 3.0? (cd won't read)

Cd's won't read at all any more. Is there a simple reset to fix? Just saying reading then stops and nothing plays or comes up.
Old 05-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Betternotbigger
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When this happens in my wife's Merc, the unit freezes and the simple fix is to reboot by removing and then replacing the fuse which serves the audio player. Takes 5 mins in all (if you know where the fuses are). Not sure if that will work with your Porsche but it could be worth a try. On the other hand, if your unit is still working and you can eject the cd/play the radio etc then it won't be fixed by the fuse trick. More like a reading error in which case take to an OPC.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:48 AM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

This will sound crazy but it works for TV remotes (not kidding). Yank fuse. Then hold one button down and press every other button once. Then hold the next button down and press every other button once. Keep doing this until you've done it with EVERY button. Then re-fuse, power-up and try the unit. Is very tedious and can take a long time but there is a factual basis for why it works because it DOES fix TV remotes and MAYBE other stuff with keypads. Again, I swear I'm not messing with you. Good luck.

Quick Reply: How to reset PCM 3.0? (cd won't read)