Amateur attitude from AP Car Design

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 04:40 AM
eatbreathdrive
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Amateur attitude from AP Car Design

Hello,

I'm currently a member on 6speedonline and have been for some time now.
You can also read my post here.
Briefly, below is a review of what I have been through working with AP Car Design, read it and judge it yourself.

Since we are all Porsche loving fellow members here, I thought it would be best to write a review about AP Car Design in Gottingen, Germany. I would rather write my thoughts and experience instead of keeping them private.

I'm not there to bash anyones business but what I thought would be a great experience turned into something distorded and full of mistakes. I wouldnt expect this behaviour from guys who hang as professional on whom are in reality amateurs.

First, they were very kind and 'seemed' very professional. I visited them at their workshop in Germany for a few days, they were kind and welcoming. Well, thats all sales to you.

Second, I paid in full and upfront in cash when I was in Germany. I checked out the finished cars and thought they were very well built.

When I flew back to Istanbul, I was promised the parts would be fully ready in max. 3 weeks, all parts would be painted and installed and would be ready to plug and play.

However, its been 62 days today, and I still have many items missing, for example, the rear carbon spoiler, the metal brackets of the spoiler, the side wings etc.

I first received the front bumper, front leds, front lip spoiler, rear bumper, rear taillights, control modules, engine lid. I thought every single part would arrive with the same cargo.

Then I emailed and phoned them about the missing parts. Then I received the cable for the engine lid, the bypass to not to raise the lid at 80 miles.
This came with a seperate cargo.

Then I realized I was also missing the plastic exhaust cover that goes underneath the rear bumper. I asked about that, and they told someone at the shop forgot to ship that TOO!
It must be on its way, STILL !

And I'm still missing the metal brackets for the spoilers, the side blades.
One more thing, and the freaking rear spoiler! Big freaking issue!

All in all, I phoned Thomas Nater, the owner, and after he got paid in cash, he doesnt answer my calls anymore, instead he forwards me to someone VERY new at the shop. I guess its my personal mistake to hand them the money at first then wait for items.

I expect them to ship the rest of the cargo this Wednesday or Thursday and it will take another 7-8 days for the shipment so it will come around 90 days of waiting.

Gentleman, I expect you all to gain from this experience, and if you are still going to work with this company, just be careful. I had to cancel my business trip, real estate exhibition, in New York. I ve already told them about this and all they had to say was the new guy was sorry. Thomas Nater didnt even bother to call me once about this. He was grinning and very happy when I handed him the money because he thought it was 'good business' for him.

Finally, I'm here to protect and warn my Rennlist friends about AP Car Design. Other people might have or had different and better experiences before. I'm very disappointed and found the whole thing disgusting. Modification and cars are not my business. I do these things for fun and as a hobby. But if you own a company or planning on ordering stuff from them, like I said before, be careful.

God bless and cheers!
Old 05-04-2010, 10:56 AM
911FM
Racer

Sorry to hear. Hope it gets resolved soon.

FM
Old 11-19-2013, 12:40 PM
Redback911
Intermediate

Wow, thanks for taking the time to post. I have been looking for a 997 GT2 and regularly browse the mobile.de adverts. I saw a white car at ap-car-design advertised but thought I would quickly search to see if someone had some experience with them. Will definitely not be following up with them now.

Quick Reply: Amateur attitude from AP Car Design