Sponsored by:

09' 997 rear seat removal...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 02:02 AM
mambodoc
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 09' 997 rear seat removal...

I was considering removing the useless rear seat set up in favor of a GT3-like rear interior for more practical space. Anyone know if this can be accomplished? Any interior parts needed? I've never seen a GT3 interior close up but I believe I'd like a bit more space and nix the unused/unnecessary upholstery. Thanks!
Old 04-26-2010, 02:50 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

heres what i did:

pop the black piece off on the bottom outside edges of the tops... there is a bolt behind there.. once thats out youll see the tops move more and wobble at that hinge..

then the middle plastic piece pops off and their is one bolt there..remove the bolt

push tops to the left or right then.. ull see pole in middle holding them stiff/together. pole goes from one into other to keep em together.. push apart.. get pole out of the corresponding seat.. then pops off side panel..

other side pops out then easy.

bottoms pull out as they are velcro'd in.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:52 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

as far as practical, you lose the weight of the seats but doesnt get much more practical.. have about same space as before.. just less weight.. i took mine out... and put back right after cause it just looked cheap to me. doesn't look purpose built like a GT3.. looks like someone removed rear leather seats that used to look nice.. remember the velcro under the bottoms remains there...

you will still have a bolt hole each side and the upper clip where seat fastens...what are you fitting in there that u need more space?
Old 04-26-2010, 02:59 AM
cbzzoom

I've been thinking about taking the rear seats out too, but you are left with those velco strips and random bits of hardware. I'd like to remove the rear seat belts as well, but only if I can plug the holes in the walls that they come out of.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:06 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by cbzzoom
I've been thinking about taking the rear seats out too, but you are left with those velco strips and random bits of hardware. I'd like to remove the rear seat belts as well, but only if I can plug the holes in the walls that they come out of.
i assume u could buy GT3 side panels, but to see the price I'm sure i would fall over and die..

just looks like something is missing and not really ideal unless u were inserting a cage, without bottoms and tops you can actually fit larger people in the back however, but their back has no support unless u have bose subwoofer back there.

ive been back/forth/upsidedown about removing the seats... did it for a little bit and decided it looked cheap... like something was broke and i didnt fix it.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:41 AM
mambodoc
Pro

Thanks for the info...I don't want it to look incomplete...looks like the next car has to be a GT3.....o well!
Old 04-26-2010, 10:52 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

I took mine out a long time ago and it only takes about 15 minutes max. I also wraped up and zip tied my seat belts into the retract space.

I only did this for weight savings and that I might be doing a roll bar with harness since I like to go to the track.

It does not look as nice like the GT3 because you still have the piece of hardware on the hump in the middle....but it does keep people out of the back seat! LOL

Quick Reply: 09' 997 rear seat removal...