Sponsored by:

C4S Accident

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 05:07 PM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C4S Accident

what happened to the thread for the c4s accident? i could understand if you want to close it, but don't you show it locked or at least show it closed? you just erase it?
Old 04-25-2010, 05:15 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 438 Likes on 223 Posts

I'm assuming the friend who was driving the car asked the OP to get rid of it for legal reasons. I sure wouldn't want my insurance company reading that account of how the accident happened. Yeah, I was passing someone over a double yellow at twice their speed in a park.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:31 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

OP requested it be deleted.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:54 PM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Gentlemen-that makes all the sense in the world. I sent him a private message questioning why he would ever post it in the first place
Old 04-26-2010, 01:03 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
OP requested it be deleted.
Ha, thought so. It was getting a little, hmm... "hot"
Old 04-26-2010, 04:06 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

I still have that page in my buffer. Look at it periodically. It's foolish to pass in a no pass zone. There was one lucky guy there -- to a point.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:34 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
I still have that page in my buffer. Look at it periodically. It's foolish to pass in a no pass zone. There was one lucky guy there -- to a point.
If you think you`re ready to **** on people and pass them in a no pass zone going twice over speed limit - be ready to trade paint and do not get scared when somebody tries to punish you for that.

Good story it was, one way or another - may be next time some idiots who will decide to show off in the park will think twice before doing it.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:54 AM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Man some of you guys are harsh! My understanding is that the Porsche had been held up by the Subaru driver for miles and when he came upon a straight section of road he attempted to pass. The Subaru driver swerved into him causing the accident. There is no indication of speed but the Subaru was driving the speed limit, about 35 MPH. Had the Porsche been doing 75 MPH or more, I (like others) suspect the spoiler would have deployed as stayed that way.

So, crossing a double line was indeed wrong. I sincerely doubt that the majority of drivers here have not done the same thing at one time or another. Swerving into the passing car was far more dangerous than the pass and the cause of the accident. Enough said, no?

Regards,
Old 04-26-2010, 12:57 PM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 235 Posts

So, crossing a double line was indeed wrong. I sincerely doubt that the majority of drivers here have not done the same thing at one time or another. Swerving into the passing car was far more dangerous than the pass and the cause of the accident. Enough said, no?
Swerving into the passing car is intent to harm.

Passing on a double yellow isn't intended to cause harm but can be viewed that way (if you want to stretch it). To me the swerve into another is rather harsh. I'm also sure most of us have passed on a double yellow anyway...but you know the ethics police come out to play and threads get closed.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:16 PM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

Man some of you guys are harsh!
Agree. I have done it at least once. Road was posted for 45 the guy in front of me was going 25-30 for too long. It was over in a second with excessive HP. Keep in mind the double yellow line is probably way overdone by now and will eventually be painted on EVERY road when insurance companies finally get everything they want. BTW, IMO, If it's true that the Subaru driver maneuvered spitefully during the pass he deserves to get rectal cancer.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:23 PM
axhoaxho
Three Wheelin'

...he attempted to pass. The Subaru driver swerved into him causing the accident.
I am curious that if the Subaru driver was intentionally trying to cause him to crash?

Regards,
Old 04-26-2010, 01:31 PM
boolala
Race Car

Well guys we only have one side of the story. Maybe he swerved, maybe he didn't. It seems more likely that the subi sped up when the p-car tried to pass. I hate it when people do that to me. If you want to drive slowly then move over or let them pass. This type of behavior is what provokes road rage.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:10 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

The worst accident of my life happened when a stupid driver intentionally swerved into me, which made me do a defensive action, hit another car and ended up in a tree! Totalled the car, and was super lucky I didn't hit anyone, or didn't get hurt.

I didn't know he did it intentionally until later, when he told the other driver I hit, he did it to teach me a lesson!

I actually try to drive more conservatively since I bought the P-car. I've noticed that since I got this car, pretty much EVERYONE wants to challenge me to a race! Even SUVs! and in most cases they're incompetent enough to cause an accident. Just 3 weeks ago, this super tuned Mini bugged me for a mile or two, I tried to teach him a lesson, since he couldn't keep up, the idiot ended up in the opposing lane, and made another driver panic so much, he almost crashed. I slowed down, let him pass and wet dream a bit... not worth it!

I am sure some sort of that story happened here. Subaru must have been jealous or so of the train of Porsches, wasn't accomodating them to pass!
Old 04-26-2010, 02:24 PM
cbzzoom

Originally Posted by alexb76
I actually try to drive more conservatively since I bought the P-car. I've noticed that since I got this car, pretty much EVERYONE wants to challenge me to a race! Even SUVs! and in most cases they're incompetent enough to cause an accident.
Yeah, I've found a lot of people being real retards around my car. They don't want to let me into their lane or give any room to let me make safe passes. When I go to make a perfectly legal pass they want to speed up to box me out. Lots of guys want to race me; I refuse to participate because they usually wind up doing really stupid things. Some SUV wanted to race me on a mountain road the other day, I was taking the twisties at 60 or so, perfectly in control, never crossing the yellow line, moron decides he needs to keep up with me, but of course he's all over the place cutting into oncoming traffic and screeching around every corner.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:29 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by boolala
Well guys we only have one side of the story. Maybe he swerved, maybe he didn't. It seems more likely that the subi sped up when the p-car tried to pass. I hate it when people do that to me. If you want to drive slowly then move over or let them pass. This type of behavior is what provokes road rage.
well, in this world of political correctness rage still does exist and stupid jerks do exist as well. 100 years ago most of them would be shot in the head right on the spot where they do their tricks - these days we have to tolerate this sh$t and swallow our pride instead.
all I am saying - if some jerk shows like he wants to harm your car - let him do that rather than crash it on a curbside. and then call the cops, get him to court. he will be hurt much more financially as a result of this stupid action than any of us and that is the payback he deserves.

Quick Reply: C4S Accident