Show your Garage pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 06:05 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

John,

Very nice! You do your garage a great injustice. There are not too many guys that have two lifts in their garages.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:11 PM
John NY-Naples
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you guys are too kind
Old 05-08-2010, 12:01 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by John NY-Naples
you guys are too kind
Not really, we're just jealous!
Old 05-14-2010, 01:45 PM
rpalomo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

painting the garage today!! will be installing cabinets right after then do the flooring!! will show pics soon
Old 05-14-2010, 01:52 PM
kccampro
Pro

This is a great thread... picking up all kinds of good ideas.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:00 PM
docfink
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

My garage is featured on no shows, has never been featured in a magazine, and is just large enough to fit the 911, my bikes, and all my kids' stuff:
Attached Images   
Old 05-16-2010, 01:47 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 125 Posts

Maybe we can start a new TV show and call it "Garage Makeover." I bet it would be popular! We can nominate you to be the pilot show!
Old 05-16-2010, 03:33 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Maybe we can start a new TV show and call it "Garage Makeover." I bet it would be popular! We can nominate you to be the pilot show!
Actually, given the number of bikes and things he has in his garage, I don't think it looks that bad. There are only so many ways to store that many bikes. And at least he has decent clearance around the car.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:32 PM
docfink
Pro

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Let me know how to sign up!
Old 05-16-2010, 08:37 PM
docfink
Pro

Originally Posted by keninirvine
Actually, given the number of bikes and things he has in his garage, I don't think it looks that bad. There are only so many ways to store that many bikes. And at least he has decent clearance around the car.
You're too kind, but it is a tight fit. Our home is fairly large, but the garage architect must have been on vacation when the house was designed. It's bizarrely small for a home of this size, but the majority of the home was built in the '60s, so I guess the garage wasn't a priority. Tthen again, weren't cars huge back then?!

Let me say it again: if MTV wants to sign me up for a garage equivalent of "Cribs"--I'm there!
Old 05-16-2010, 09:35 PM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by keninirvine
I'd have two things showing in that garage. The car and the bikes. All other junk/stuff would be out of sight, behind a partition, in cabinets or basement. If there's just car and bikes the mind can grasp the situation and it you get a quantum leap in neatness. As soon as random junk is added the distinction blurs and everything looks [bad adjective here].
Old 05-16-2010, 10:59 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by docfink
You're too kind, but it is a tight fit. Our home is fairly large, but the garage architect must have been on vacation when the house was designed. It's bizarrely small for a home of this size, but the majority of the home was built in the '60s, so I guess the garage wasn't a priority. Tthen again, weren't cars huge back then?!
I guess the architect didn't anticipate having 10 bikes in the garage in addition to other normal items that end up there.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:58 PM
docfink
Pro

Originally Posted by LlBr
I'd have two things showing in that garage. The car and the bikes. All other junk/stuff would be out of sight, behind a partition, in cabinets or basement. If there's just car and bikes the mind can grasp the situation and it you get a quantum leap in neatness. As soon as random junk is added the distinction blurs and everything looks [bad adjective here].
Taken under advisement. If I'm able to make that change, I will certainly post it here. Give me some time--maybe a few years? With the three kids, a small basement, and a major cycling fetish, I can't get rid of too much in there and have no other spots to put things.

Believe it or not, all the bikes but two get ridden. Those two should probably go, but they have sentimental value and were ridden heavily back in the day. But they're just two bikes.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:51 AM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by docfink
Taken under advisement. If I'm able to make that change, I will certainly post it here. Give me some time--maybe a few years? With the three kids, a small basement, and a major cycling fetish, I can't get rid of too much in there and have no other spots to put things.

Believe it or not, all the bikes but two get ridden. Those two should probably go, but they have sentimental value and were ridden heavily back in the day. But they're just two bikes.
I hear ya buddy. The kids and family thing: makes our garage fantasies evaporate.

FWIW, Unlike the trendy ones meant for residential use these "industrial" steel cabinets can hide lots of stuff: they're pretty cheap and definitely workable. I got some from Global Industrial.com
Attached Images  
Old 05-17-2010, 02:15 AM
niner niner seven
Racer

John - Naples, all things equal - do you notice a great difference between C2 and C2S? ie. is the S worth the price difference. thanks much.

Quick Reply: Show your Garage pics