Sponsored by:

my new 2010 997 S Cab

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 06:41 PM
robbonds
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default my new 2010 997 S Cab

I have had the car 1 week. I had PSE installed and windows tinted. i am in love with the car and was extremely happy with the service I received from Mike O'Donnell at Bert Smith in Saint Petersburg, Florida. I highly recommend Bert Smith and Mike. It was a total pleasure to deal with them. Mike took me on a test drive. Later that day the negotiations began. He located the exact car I wanted and had it delivered 3 days later. Mike brilliantly demonstrated everything on the car like NAV etc..

background - I had a 2005 997 S cab ( seal grey) - I sold it Feb 2008 for a CLS63 AMG - I have 2 small kids (only 1 at the time) and I felt I needed more room. I regretted the sale every day since. The Benz was a monster and looked hot sittin on Black Maya DTV 20s but just never made me smile. It was super fast but just wasn't fun to drive. I missed the 911 and having a convertible. My beautiful wife said "Go be happy - get the 911 convertible again" - thats when the test drive occurred.

I promised my wife I would buy a car she could drive- thus the PDK transmission. Honestly, I would have gotten it anyway for launch control and the extra performance. I do sometimes miss shifting my 6 spd but I LOVE the PDK. I even really like the buttons rather than paddles (shocking because I thought it was a dumb idea to not have paddles - i was wrong)

My car: 2010 997 S cab
Triple black
PDK
Sports chrono Plus
Bose
Bluetooth
self dimming mirrors
colored wheel centers
NAV
XM radio
Universal audio
Heated seats
Ventilated seats
Power seats w/ memory
PSE with ashtray switch
Tinted windows
V1 hardwire
clear sides

Love PDK - lightening fast shifts and launch control is sick
Love Bluetooth and universal audio - iphone works great - who needs a CD player?
Love NAV - touchscreen is amazing
XM radio was a must
Heated/Ventilated seats - Cool seats is HUGE in hot Florida summers especially with the top down!
PSE is great but doesn't sound as loud as PSE on 997.1

I didn't have to settle - I got my dream car with every option I wanted - Thanks Mike!

Only thing I will add now is new wheels - maybe champion RS97s or something similar and possibly in black (i like the murdered out look - haven't decided on that part yet)

Probably will skip the clear bra - haven't decided 100% yet

I only have 350 miles on her so haven't used launch control (i used it twice on the test drive). The car feels quicker and tighter than my 2005. Also, the 2005 didn't have NAV, bluetooth, vent seats etc...It lacked the comfort options. This car is superior in every way.

I am totally in love and now look forward to running errands for the wife again. Just give me a reason to drive her!!!

Thanks to everyone on here for the suggestions and help. {Posting just a couple pics for now)

Thanks
Rob
Attached Images   

Last edited by robbonds; 04-08-2010 at 07:24 PM. Reason: forgot options
Old 04-08-2010, 06:49 PM
theporscheguy
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great looking car. Getting my clear bra finished tomorrow morning. With a black car and bugs the size of helicopters down there you might want to give the clear bra a little more thought. I've gotta try that launch control people keep raving about. Enjoy in good health.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:09 PM
johnny goose
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good luck with her another satisfied customer in love..gotta love those porsches...
Old 04-08-2010, 07:29 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Happy motoring!
Old 04-08-2010, 08:18 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats and welcome!
Old 04-08-2010, 08:43 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

"Bonds. Rob Bonds"
nice car!
Old 04-08-2010, 09:50 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Car looks great, nice choice. Congrats
Old 04-08-2010, 10:30 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

Great! When you get a chance post your thoughts on your PDK.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:36 PM
big_willy
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

She's a beaut...

Enjoy it. I have the same color - what a b!tch to clean though but they sure look good when it's prestine.

"shaken, not stirred..."
Old 04-09-2010, 12:01 AM
PHDX2
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fantastic---enjoy!
Old 04-09-2010, 12:39 AM
jakes dad
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That style wheel is very easy to clean and keep clean.....
Old 04-09-2010, 10:26 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 866 Likes on 591 Posts

Awesome - congrats. I like black too
Old 04-09-2010, 10:27 AM
royalpar1
Instructor

You went thru what I am going thru. I knew after i drove the Panamera, I could not give up my cab. I would for a Panamera Cab, but that does not exist. I am test driving a 010 tommorow, but would probably wait for the 011 but then there is the 998 in april. My car as you know is flawless and fast, and is about to be "free". So many thoughts so little money
Old 04-09-2010, 11:26 AM
carbonblackcab
Intermediate

robbonds: i see that you have the sports exhaust. A few questions:
1. With the top up and at highway speeds, does the exhaust drone? Can you carry out a conversation with someone in the passenger seat or is the nose too loud? (bypass closed & open)
2. With the top down, how loud is the exhaust? (bypass closed & open)

I had a bad experience with AA exhaust on my M3 convertible and that is why I am asking these questions. The sport exhaust on my M3 was too loud with the top down or top up.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:31 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Rob, my wife bought a Cayenne S from Mike at Bert Smith and I wish all sales people were like Mike. He is the best, easy to talk to and deal with and he does what he says with excellent follow up. As long as Mike is at Bert Smith he has my business too. I just wish Bert Smith was more performance orientated in the service department and with the cars on the showroom.

Your car is awesome! If you want to check out the PDK paddle shift wheel I just installed that on my car. The paddle wheel works best for me at the track for a few reasons. I will be over at Sebring for a track event April 17th if you would like to take a nice drive over in your car. I will take you out on some laps. You can also do a track touring parade lap at lunch in your own car to see the track.

My car is a guards red 09 Carrera S...#11 or look for the tall guy with the silver leg.

see ya! Mike

Quick Reply: my new 2010 997 S Cab