Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hard time backing up

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 02:31 AM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 61 Posts

actually i have noticed that pdk is not so good, when it was new. really. a lot of jerking, stumbling, roughness. but as i drive the car forward movement is so much smoother and better. not unlike the usual automatic. even the soft launch coming from a full stop is so much smoother. reverse feels somewhat similar to the forward feeling when it was new. notchy, dragging, rough. Actually i am pretty sure that it is not a car particular problem because my brother also just bought a 2010 4S and its exactly the same. Just asking from our group whether it will get smoother as the miles pass on... or if there is a way to get it smoother faster.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:29 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 867 Likes on 591 Posts

No issues here. I havent even noticed what you are describing. If I dont let the car warm up for a minute or two, its a little rough for 400 yards or so. Thats it. I dont have jerks or delays or anything - fwd or backward after that. Its an awesome transmission.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:36 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 61 Posts

i am now over the 1k kms mark...guess what guys...reverses smoothly now. I just engage reverse and the car starts moving.. now thats what i like...

Quick Reply: hard time backing up