Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics Of The New Color Ice Blue In The Flesh

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 10:24 AM
TooSixy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love that color. Something different than black or silver.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:30 AM
Gj325
Pro

Originally Posted by tincanman99
I think its a GREAT color. I agree 100% with you write. Silver/black/gray are as common as dirt today. Every car on the road is silver/black/gray. How boring, dreary and so conservative. Yeah whatever.

There is no such thing as a feminine or gay color. If someone's masculinity is threatened by a color they need to have their ego checked at the door. Talk about being insecure.

For example during the summer I donated money to the breast cancer foundation as my mother died from it. In return they gave me a very pink izod polo shirt. I would not wear it for the longest time and my girlfriend goaded me into wearing it. In her own words - what man does not like ***** ?

So I wear it to work and I am hearing all these nasty comments about it being gay/feminine whatever but every single woman said they loved it gave me credit for having the stones to wear it.

Get what you like, its your money and if people don't like it, too bad.
It is amazing how a color can bring so many responses.
Guess when my comes in I too will put on a pink shirt and head down to get a Manny , Pedi
Better stop on the way at the gun range get a little practice with My T3 Custom Nighthawk.
I wouldn't want to hurt anyone maybe just take out a tire or too for fun.

On a lighter note it doesn't bother me what anyone thinks of any color.Unless it cheapens the car some much looks like a Hipster Mobile. Then even then if thats what that person likes its not mine.

I myself also think speed yellow is a great color. I would opt for that but I am afraid I would get tired off it. I plan on keeping for a good bit of times so Bland to me will stay good looking longer than flash.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:45 AM
At Law
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tincanman99
I think its a GREAT color.

So I wear it to work and I am hearing all these nasty comments about it being gay/feminine whatever but every single woman said they loved it gave me credit for having the stones to wear it.
It's okay that you're gay. We're all still behind you---way behind you.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:45 PM
GoFastKindaGuy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks more like a "blue hued silver" than "baby-blue metalic" so it's hard to judge without seeing it live. My former Audi RS6 hada blue cast to its silver -- and was stunning. I'm withholding judgement with bias toward acceptance.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:53 PM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

OMG. It finally dawned on me! I knew I saw that color somewhere: Grandma's house!
(haha, nah, just kidding).
Attached Images  
Old 03-08-2010, 01:11 PM
Gj325
Pro

Originally Posted by At Law
It's okay that you're gay. We're all still behind you---way behind you.
Now wait a minute At Law. if your behind him. That may have just let the cat out of the bag on you Jk
Old 03-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Gj325
Pro

Originally Posted by LlBr
OMG. It finally dawned on me! I knew I saw that color somewhere: Grandma's house!
(haha, nah, just kidding).
Now to think of it Thats my Grandparents Car. wow Now I know why I choose it. I am getting old Oldest daughter just turned 20 But I will have a way cooler car than Grandpa had. I bet there would be more of my grandchildren wanting the Blue Porsche than Blue Town Car when I pass on
Old 03-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 136 Posts

You're lucky they discontinued the Malachite Green. It would have dated your car so much. Years from now people would say, "oh, there's a 09 or 10 Porsche..." As several of you may have figured out by now, Porsche tries a variety of new colors periodically, and some of them become keepers, and others fade away after only two years. They instantly date a car. (Nordic Gold and Malachite come to mind).

One of the few remaining advantages of ordering a Porsche is that we can order Paint to Sample!
Old 03-08-2010, 01:27 PM
soverystout
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I absolutely love that color. If I was buying a new 911, that would be the color.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Gj325
Pro

Originally Posted by Edgy01
You're lucky they discontinued the Malachite Green. It would have dated your car so much. Years from now people would say, "oh, there's a 09 or 10 Porsche..." As several of you may have figured out by now, Porsche tries a variety of new colors periodically, and some of them become keepers, and others fade away after only two years. They instantly date a car. (Nordic Gold and Malachite come to mind).

One of the few remaining advantages of ordering a Porsche is that we can order Paint to Sample!
I have never seen another Malachite Green. I liked the color. I have had many people come up to me and comment on the color. I thought about a Paint to match but adding additional money just didn't seem the right thing to do. Wife loved the Ice Blue so as I learned a long time ago Make her happy many blessing come your way. I can take the Blessings its her wrath is what I try to avoid.

I like your color was it a paint to match.

To me the Ice Blue appears to have a silver tint. I wanted a color that was not a everyday color on a Porsche. Really liked the Ruby Red but it stood out too much. Makes Cops pay closer attention.

Maybe next Porsche I order when that time comes I will Paint to order. I kind of like the thought of having the only car in my choice of color.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:24 PM
tincanman99
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gj325
Now wait a minute At Law. if your behind him. That may have just let the cat out of the bag on you Jk

Old 03-08-2010, 03:14 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks the same as my 1978 280Z. 510 blue is what Datsun called it.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:24 PM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gj325
Now to think of it Thats my Grandparents Car. wow Now I know why I choose it. I am getting old Oldest daughter just turned 20 But I will have a way cooler car than Grandpa had. I bet there would be more of my grandchildren wanting the Blue Porsche than Blue Town Car when I pass on
Haha! Nice perspective! Caused me to think. My grandparents' model for being old was whom? I think maybe Walter Brennan? (might be off a few years).

Our model for becoming grandparents should be someone like Mick Jagger! Any way to find out Mick's favorite sports car color?
Old 03-08-2010, 03:48 PM
peterm
Racer

i like it - a little like polar silver or horizon blue
Old 03-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Gj325
Pro

Originally Posted by LlBr
Haha! Nice perspective! Caused me to think. My grandparents' model for being old was whom? I think maybe Walter Brennan? (might be off a few years).

Our model for becoming grandparents should be someone like Mick Jagger! Any way to find out Mick's favorite sports car color?
Goggle Mick came up with Audi.. Maybe Mick is older than we think.

I am going to go with James Dean I know the Porsche accident took him away but he would have been in his 70's by now or older. I am pretty Sure he would have still be a Porsche Man.

I am at the age now that I remember my Grandpa's Town cars and Caddies So I will be much older before my Grandchildren will have first memories of me that will last into the adulthood.
Maybe I will inspire some future Clients for Porsche in the year 2050 and Beyond.. I will take my finders fee now as a bigger discount if they are listening

Quick Reply: Pics Of The New Color Ice Blue In The Flesh