Sponsored by:

997.2 10k service

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 03:56 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 997.2 10k service

what all is usually done on a 10k service from porsche?

im not asking what you guys do, but in the booklet i only see "oil change suggested @ every 10k" but is there anything else usually done at this service or is everything else @ 20k intervals?

-riley
Old 03-06-2010, 04:00 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 395 Likes on 271 Posts

Boxer service is pretty limited. There's not much to do. Spark plugs is 60k miles (I think). Probably an air filter. Brake flush every couple of years. If you track you will have to do more and more frequently.

Use the service for a thorough visual inspection, namely oil leaks.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:24 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ADias
Boxer service is pretty limited. There's not much to do. Spark plugs is 60k miles (I think). Probably an air filter. Brake flush every couple of years. If you track you will have to do more and more frequently.

Use the service for a thorough visual inspection, namely oil leaks.
just wondering so they dont try and sell me more... i got a paper in mail at same time asking me to come in for a free inspection.. which is pretty much a joke too.. "we inspect free, and then come up with a huge list of what if's to fix for 150/hr" is basically what it said to me.

so oil change at 10.. and maybe air filter... i do not track the car, just daily abuse.. the 10k went on in the first 6 months of ownership so the car is not sue for any other fluid changes or flushes because of short age.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:33 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 395 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
just wondering so they dont try and sell me more... i got a paper in mail at same time asking me to come in for a free inspection.. which is pretty much a joke too.. "we inspect free, and then come up with a huge list of what if's to fix for 150/hr" is basically what it said to me.

so oil change at 10.. and maybe air filter... i do not track the car, just daily abuse.. the 10k went on in the first 6 months of ownership so the car is not sue for any other fluid changes or flushes because of short age.
If you drive that much and especially if you do a lot of city driving and a lot of traffic, I suggest changing oil more often 5/6k miles.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:57 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Riley you do not need an air filter at 10k miles. Just an oil change and Vortex can do that for you and reset the service indicator. Carlos at Vortex was a mater Porsche tech at Suncoast for many years and knows what to do and has the PIWIS to reset the indicator and check for codes.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:09 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mdrums
Riley you do not need an air filter at 10k miles. Just an oil change and Vortex can do that for you and reset the service indicator. Carlos at Vortex was a mater Porsche tech at Suncoast for many years and knows what to do and has the PIWIS to reset the indicator and check for codes.
thanx

as far as changing more often, i put a qt in my car about every 600 miles... so with that being said ive pretty much done almost 2 full oil changes already. LOL.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:34 PM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

are you near 10k miles? that would be great if you were - drive drive drive
Old 03-06-2010, 05:16 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by brendorenn
are you near 10k miles? that would be great if you were - drive drive drive
around 9800 right now, bought the car early august with 7 miles. Its my daily driver.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:42 PM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

awesome. i only put 15k on my 07 in 2 years but that's more a function of having a 6 mi commute to work. i drove it everywhere.

now, if some nice european will buy it so i can get a PDK and plop a powerkit in it, i'll be very grateful :-)
Old 03-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

That first service is an oil/filter change and the just look to see if anything obvious is amiss (ie can they see it from underneath in a quick walk around.. no digging/panel removing/exploring involved)
Old 04-12-2010, 10:52 PM
mambodoc
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 10k service

My onboard computer is telling me about an upcoming 10k mi service...I didn't see anything in the manual and was ready to ask but found this thread. My C4S PDK launch is my DD with 9560 mi, 35mi at purchase in late nov 09. Changed oil and filter at 2500, 5000, and will repeat at 5k intervals. This 10 k look around is something worthwhile to have done at Porsche...with the idea that they have the experience?...or can my bosch trained mechanic do the same at my oil change. He has done both so far though my computer has not yet been scanned or reset. I bought it from Suncoast but now the core of Suncoast sales and service has moved to Bert Smith in St Pete. Also realized that I have no dealer stamps / in service info in my maintenance book. Suppose I have to go to Suncoast for that. What do ya'll think? Thanks!
Old 04-12-2010, 11:29 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

I'm going tomorrow at 10,6 miles. To vortex and not to the dealer. I'll have them mark my book maybe just for my memory. Oil change and filter and a quick walk around underneath. Shes been acting sluggish lately so I know it needs new oil pronto.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:13 PM
mambodoc
Pro

Anyone?...whats to be expected at the 10K check?...is it a necessary dealer visit? ( apart from re-setting the computer service intetrval ). If yes...any recommendations for a competent place? (fl.) Thanks!
Old 04-13-2010, 11:19 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

its just oil change and a look around, in service booklet it says about the same.. did mine today.. @ vortex motorsports and they have the PWIS to reset it as well..

on the downside i got hit by a 4lb rock flung up by a car today and my one tire leaked flat on the way home :-(
Old 04-13-2010, 11:33 PM
mambodoc
Pro

Thats a DRAG!...any metal danage? Where is Vortex?...sounds a distance from Ormond Beach. You happy with their " look around " ?

Quick Reply: 997.2 10k service