Sponsored by:

Proud new owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 07:53 PM
Dave's911
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Proud new owner

Hi guys, this is the thread I've been waiting to post for the last 3 months.

Picked up my 2007 4S from Posrche of Livermore yesterday, and drove the 300 plus miles home. Best drive of my life, even in heavy rain. Couldn't believe how solid the car felt, even in the bad conditions.

Thanks to many of you here for posting answers to my questions over the last few months and a special thanks to Macster for checking the car out for me last weekend.

A few specs on the car. As I said, it's a 2007 4S with 16,600 miles. Colbalt Blue with Stone Grey full leather. Carbon fiber trim on the steering wheel, gear shift, brake lever, door entry sills, and dash. PSE (which sounds amazing), Navigation, Sport Chrono, crests in headrests, painted center consul, sirius radio, Ipod adaptor, blue tooth/phone module, clear bra and 19" wheels. I think that's about it.

Many of you gave advice on the price on my last thread. I ended up getting it for $66,500 (CPO'd), which was $3,500 off their asking price of $69,999. I'm sure some will say I paid too much, but I'm very happy. Al at Porsche of Livermore was great to deal with, and very thorough and patient explaining all the aspects of the car in great detail.

Now for some pics before I get banned. Only got these dealer shots for now, will post some of my own once the weather improves and I can clean her up from the drive home.

Glad to be an OFFICIAL member now
Attached Images      
Old 02-28-2010, 08:00 PM
Sandalwood
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful car. Thank you for posting the prices as I'm looking for an '07 as well (separate thread) and, while not exactly the same car, it gives me a good reference point.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:04 PM
theporscheguy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great looking car. The matching center console is a nice touch. Enjoy your new machine.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:07 PM
sharmat
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Nice choice congrats!
Old 02-28-2010, 08:09 PM
vman4639
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave's///M3

Picked up my 2007 4S from Posrche of Livermore yesterday, and drove the 300 plus miles home. Best drive of my life, even in heavy rain. Couldn't believe how solid the car felt, even in the bad conditions.
I got my first Porsche in October '09 - it keeps getting better.

I love your color - and the carbon door seals. Very nice.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:20 PM
simrohor
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice color, congratulations. Enjoy in good health.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:58 PM
mstams
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice car. Looks good with the carbon bits, painted console, and wheels. Congrats!!
Old 02-28-2010, 09:08 PM
Dave07997S
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks to many of you here for posting answers to my questions over the last few months and a special thanks to Macster for checking the car out for me last weekend.

A few specs on the car. As I said, it's a 2007 4S with 16,600 miles. Colbalt Blue with Stone Grey full leather. Carbon fiber trim on the steering wheel, gear shift, brake lever, door entry sills, and dash. PSE (which sounds amazing), Navigation, Sport Chrono, crests in headrests, painted center consul, sirius radio, Ipod adaptor, blue tooth/phone module, clear bra and 19" wheels. I think that's about it.

Many of you gave advice on the price on my last thread. I ended up getting it for $66,500 (CPO'd), which was $3,500 off their asking price of $69,999. I'm sure some will say I paid too much, but I'm very happy. Al at Porsche of Livermore was great to deal with, and very thorough and patient explaining all the aspects of the car in great detail.

Now for some pics before I get banned. Only got these dealer shots for now, will post some of my own once the weather improves and I can clean her up from the drive home.

Congrats Dave...enjoy her in good health. I live in Playa and we should hook up sometime..

My 07 997S today on it's 3rd birthday.

Dave
Old 02-28-2010, 09:36 PM
russo
Three Wheelin'

Cool color. Enjoy it.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:20 PM
Dave's911
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 32 Posts

Hi Dave, nice Speed Yellow. I came close to going with a yellow S.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:53 PM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice color combination.

Please, please give us your comparison of it to the M3.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:01 PM
Dave07997S
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Dave, nice Speed Yellow. I came close to going with a yellow S.
BTW, I owned 2 E46 M3's..funny you are going down the same road.

Dave
Old 02-28-2010, 11:07 PM
Bola964
Pro

Hi Dave,
Congrats!
Beautiful car. Enjoy it and welcome.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:21 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts

Glad I could be of some small help. I drove by dealership the other day and noticed car missing. Stopped in and spoke with Al. Said you left about an hour before. I glanced towards the south and spotted the dark rain clouds and I suspected you'd hit rain on your way home. Don't worry. I've driven my Porsche Boxster through rain, snow, sleet, hail (small thank goodness), dust storms in the southwest, high winds in eastern Colorado/western KS (and smashing into tumble weeds like crazy), even chased a tornado or two when I lived in the mid-west and it doesn't hurt them. These cars are tough as nails.

I never got to see the inside of the car well. The day I was there and took the pics was overcast and the glare made seeing the inside difficult. I didn't want to bother having the car unlocked so I left it at that. The painted console is very nice along with all the carbon fiber trim.

Price seems right to me. You got a fine car in a good color and didn't pay asking price.

Enjoy the heck out of the car!

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:32 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

love that big ***. congrats

Quick Reply: Proud new owner