Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6 year warranty with non-CPO car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 12:59 PM
Motoace
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 year warranty with non-CPO car?

Hi All-
Searched old threads first so hopefully this is not just another uneducated newbie CPO post...
Questions deal with a used 2006/07 997
Basic question is can I get a non-CPO car with a factory 6 year/up to 100,000 mile warranty? Did dealers sell new 06/07 997s with 6 year warranties or is CPO only way?

I’m looking for the longer warranty, not necessarily the CPO status. Some owners list their cars as original owner with CPO which seems impossible. It might be original owner with 6 year warranty in place, if possible. Yes?

I’d like to purchase a private party car with a 6-year Porsche warranty in place. Possible? Only if I am 3rd owner?
Example-Original owner trades in car, Porsche CPOs it. Dealer sells to second owner with CPO and longer warranty. I purchase it private party (3rd owner) and 6 year transfers with sale.

I know I can…

buy a CPO car from dealer with 6-year 'factory' warranty.

buy a non-CPO car from dealer with original 4 year/50,000 warranty in place.

buy a car from private party with original 4 year/50,000 warranty in place.

buy a previously ‘CPOed’ car from a non-Porsche dealer with 6 year Porsche warranty and have them tell me it stays in place although everything I’ve read/discussed with Porsche says Porsche warranty is voided once it passes through non-Porsche dealer.

I believe beyond ‘fixes’ like new tires, etc. that the dealer must put on to CPO, the items beyond the extended warranty is a checklist that can be accomplished with a PPI and DME scan.

Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: 6 year warranty with non-CPO car?