Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About to buy a new 2009 c4s. Advice wanted.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 09:53 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 825 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by stevepow
The NAV will be outdated anyway by the time you sell it. NAV is nice but how important it is to you, you have to decide on.

I don't think factory NAV can be added to an existing car. XM cannot, and not sure about BlueTooth either.

If you can be happy with the options and the car, then sounds like a good deal.
Nav can be added. New Porsche service bulletin that my dealer informed me. It is costly around $2k-4k and parts are not available yet in the states but they can direct order them from Germany and get them and have your VIN updated in the database and the computer flashed to recognize the car since it didn't come from factory w/Nav.

Originally Posted by Tom N
+1

I would not be concerned with resale on the NAV. If you can do without, then you have a great deal on a great car.
Its up to you...its okay without it but like yesterday I wasn't driving the car and going to drop off a cable reciever and luckily took my BMW w/NAV cause without it I'd been sooo lost and vever found the drop service desk. So NAV can be helpful especially when out of your area/realm. But then a Tom Tom or Nuvi on a window mount does the trick too! Its your choice!

Quick Reply: About to buy a new 2009 c4s. Advice wanted.