Sponsored by:

Thoughts On After-Market Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 07:28 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Good question...

Many of us asking the same question.... are we all talking about the same FUCHS here, the ones on the new Porsche SC Sport Classic? Not sure anyone has taken a guess besides just noting the fear of a big price... I will say 1500/wheel at least knowing what other Porsche OEM equipment costs.... but who knows.

Originally Posted by LvnTheDrm
Hmmm...

Can't figure out what is causing those "*"s to show up in my text in previous post...My question above was about when F u c h s will be avail, and for how much?
Old 02-14-2010, 07:30 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Thanks

tx

Originally Posted by stevepow
The RUF wheels do look good. And easy to clean.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:49 AM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mickfluff
Many of us asking the same question.... are we all talking about the same FUCHS here, the ones on the new Porsche SC Sport Classic? Not sure anyone has taken a guess besides just noting the fear of a big price... I will say 1500/wheel at least knowing what other Porsche OEM equipment costs.... but who knows.
Don't think so unfortunately, but someone put a link to those at a dealer in Belgium if I recall correctly - price was maybe 4600e. Maybe one day Suncoast can get them, but I wonder since that car was not sold in the US.

The current 997 Turbo Wheels (and Turbo II) as well as the center-lock Turbo are all forged Fuchs Wheels for those interested in a modern version and probably bullet proof wheel.

I'd seriously consider the SC wheels and RUF would be my next choice.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:22 AM
MLindgren
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Time to open this thread up again with some interesting news--

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...ml#post7307822

Someone suffred a massive wheel failure from a non-OEM wheel with Hankooks mounted.
I have to believe that wheel has design flaws and isn't necessarily poor quality. You can have great quality on a crappy design and the end result is crap. I doubt any of the aftermarket sources test to the extent an OE does. The good thing about the Porsche replica wheels is that at least the design has been proven. The roll of the dice is limited to manufacturing quality and the Chinese have improved a ton over the years in that area with respect to manufacturing wheels.

Dan, do you have any price information on the new Fuchs? I'm also interested.

Quick Reply: Thoughts On After-Market Wheels