Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Like a Motorcycle

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010 | 07:14 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Default Like a Motorcycle

This is my first 911 and I am finally approacing the "book" break-in period w/ 1,600 on the clock. I know the debate and this is not about the break-in debate, so lets not go there. Today I started taking the revs up to 5.5k and sometimes 6. WOW, it is exciting up there and can only imagine when I will finally wind her out. W/ a 6 speed, the short throw and the magical PSE sound behind me, it was like ripping through the gears on a motorcycle.
Old 01-23-2010 | 08:55 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

They really do come alive above 5000 rpm. I also started to break down at 1600 miles or so. Occasional run through the gears to 6K. I'm at 2040 now, so all bets are off. I really love this car. Only complaints are sound (stock) may be too quiet. I'm likely going to get PSE so I can turn it on and off.

Second complaint - this car may be too good . It gets to speed so quickly, handles so well and cruises so well that its almost too good for the street. But hey I'm not complaining.
Old 01-23-2010 | 09:06 PM
_Nathan
Burning Brakes

Wait til you hear what it sounds like at 7000 rpm.
Old 01-23-2010 | 09:41 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

The surprise for new owners is that the flat6 won't be broken in before 50k miles... it will continue to open up until then.
Old 01-24-2010 | 12:07 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Originally Posted by rodsky
They really do come alive above 5000 rpm. I also started to break down at 1600 miles or so. Occasional run through the gears to 6K. I'm at 2040 now, so all bets are off. I really love this car. Only complaints are sound (stock) may be too quiet. I'm likely going to get PSE so I can turn it on and off.

Second complaint - this car may be too good . It gets to speed so quickly, handles so well and cruises so well that its almost too good for the street. But hey I'm not complaining.
Get the PSE for sure. Do you belong to the PCA? Members get discounts all the time off parts and labor @ the dealerships. Some advertise 15% off some 25% off. The advertise in the Porsche post, which you would get automatically for your region. I used a 25% off add as leverage @ my delaership that was only at 15%. They honered it and I picked up the PSE, SHort throw and car cover all installed for 25% off!
Old 01-24-2010 | 12:52 PM
larrytrk
Rennlist Member

Isn't the "Porsche Post" a Great Britain Porsche Club Magazine? How does that apply here?
I do love my PSE, by the way!!
Old 01-24-2010 | 07:42 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SARGEPUG
Get the PSE for sure. Do you belong to the PCA? Members get discounts all the time off parts and labor @ the dealerships. Some advertise 15% off some 25% off. The advertise in the Porsche post, which you would get automatically for your region. I used a 25% off add as leverage @ my delaership that was only at 15%. They honered it and I picked up the PSE, SHort throw and car cover all installed for 25% off!
Thats good to know - very helpful thanks

Today I used LC for the first time. Wont be doing that too often. But boy does it get off the line fast..
Old 01-25-2010 | 02:01 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Originally Posted by larrytrk
Isn't the "Porsche Post" a Great Britain Porsche Club Magazine? How does that apply here?
I do love my PSE, by the way!!
No, it is your regions local publication.
Old 02-10-2010 | 02:16 PM
DPorcella
Instructor

Wink vroooooo -- oooooom

Like a motorcycle -- exactly what I thought when I first tested a PSE-equipped cabrio. I wanted transportation that would give me that feel (and sound) with much less likelihood of spending the rest of my life in a wheelchair!

So I ordered one up and I love it!

Some of you guys are brave enough to still ride donorcycles, but the fear-to-fun ratio crossed over for me at a certain age into an untenable zone.

Okay, not really solving anybody's problems here, but I'm laid up medically for a few days and catching up on the wit and wisdom here has been a saving grace for me. Thanks to all of you for keeping it classy!

Quick Reply: Like a Motorcycle