Sponsored by:

Clear Bra in Central Florida?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 09:56 AM
CtrUSA
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Clear Bra in Central Florida?

Does anyone know of a quality ClearBra installer in Cenrtal Florida?
I'm nearing the 1 month ownership on a new 997 C2S and have washed (Pioneer car shampoo), polished (Klasse AIA), sealed (Klasse as well) and waxed (Pioneer Carbauna) and while I love the appearance of the paint now I'm also thinking a QUALITY paintguard application might be a good thing to have. The key word being QUALITY application.

Has anyone heard of www.autoclearguard.com?
Any quality installers which could be recommended in the area (I know of Premiere, but a 6500-7000 drive sounds a bit over the top!

Thanks
Old 01-11-2010, 10:05 AM
wwilliams88
Drifting

Received 245 Likes on 149 Posts

I highly recommend Alan Seligman at www.invincaman.com. An example of his work can be seen in my album.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:14 AM
TooSixy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to talk to Ryan at autoclearguard.com and his work is excellent. However, I am waiting to have my clear bra put on by Alan (www.invicaman.com). I heard he is one of the best in the area and will travel to your house/site.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:33 AM
CtrUSA
Instructor

I probably should have mentioned Alan Seligman.
I've done a bit of homework on this and have found a few threads to be a bit puzzling as to what some member's realtionaship might be with this person. I'd also want to see his work "live" not in picture, which I think can't be done with him.
I think I might also be looking into the VentureShield Ultra rather than 3M, although that would be the reason I'd want to see the actual work and not just pictures.
I'm not looking for an argument with regard to Alan Seligman who may or may not be an excellent installer... just looking for as unbiased opinions as possible (wishful thinking probably!).
TooSixy; I'm curious to get your opinion of how you feel the 3M job will have affected the look of the car. when will you get it back?
Thx
Old 01-11-2010, 11:48 AM
wwilliams88
Drifting

If you want more opinions of Alan's work, check over at http://www.planet-9.com/. Their reviews are the ones that convinced me to use him for the install. As far as any business or personal relationship, I have none with Mr Seligman. He responded when other did not (including the dealership which dropped the ball on my car).

Ultimately, you have to be happy with the final result, so continue to do your research. You asked for opinions and I simply provided one.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:21 PM
CtrUSA
Instructor

wwilliams88; I wasn't questioning any of the replies in this thread. Sry if it came across that way. I've just been reading up on this subject and there have been previous heated threads including some from Ghst Rider who seems to have been banned from the forum... anyway... I'd much rather Alan did it than anyone else if his work is great; he's so much closer than any other installer. So I'm willing to be a believer... just being (overly?) cautious.
Truth be told, most of these threads date back from 2005, so if he's still in business, he's probably doing something right!
Old 01-11-2010, 12:46 PM
wwilliams88
Drifting

Understand about the cautious part. The last thing I wanted was someone scratching up my finish with a razor blade. That why I did my own research during the agonizing 3 months from car order to delivery. Invincaman came up on the short list. I also understand that it is sometimes difficult to judge a product from pictures, but this site limits the size (and resolution) of the photos.

Whatever your decision I can vouch that the Ventureshield product has held up great over the past years worth of bugs and rocks. My route goes over the St. Johns river each day and there are plenty of bugs in the early morning. Just buy lots of Plexus to keep it clean.

Enjoy your car in good health!
Old 01-11-2010, 01:28 PM
CtrUSA
Instructor

Thanks for your comments. I read that you had a Ventushield installed, which would be my preference (I think!), however I seemed to understand that Alan isntalled 3M and touted that product over VentureShield. Did you have the VentureShield Ultra applied?
... being paranoid; I'll just pick-up the phone and call the guy and get a first impression if nothing else! The idea of him coming over vs the opposite is quite appealing as well!
Old 01-11-2010, 01:33 PM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

3M bought Venture Shield a while back
Old 01-11-2010, 01:35 PM
CtrUSA
Instructor

I read that, but was under the impression that there were still 2 separate products. Anyway... enough procrastinating and researching. Time to do something about it.
Thanks for all the help.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:39 PM
TooSixy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Alan is using VentureShield Ultra. Mine will be getting the bra in about 2 weeks, but I will report back the results.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:32 PM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by CtrUSA
I read that, but was under the impression that there were still 2 separate products.
There are. I believe Venture is a bit "thicker" than 3M? I have the Venture and have been happy with it.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:42 PM
wwilliams88
Drifting

Originally Posted by CtrUSA
Thanks for your comments. I read that you had a Ventushield installed, which would be my preference (I think!), however I seemed to understand that Alan isntalled 3M and touted that product over VentureShield. Did you have the VentureShield Ultra applied?
... being paranoid; I'll just pick-up the phone and call the guy and get a first impression if nothing else! The idea of him coming over vs the opposite is quite appealing as well!
I checked the warranty card and the receipt and Venture Shield Ultra isn't listed, so I assume I have the older material. I wasn't aware of the Ultra product at the time of the install.

If you decide to use Invincaman, make sure to thoroughly clean you garage if you have it installed at your house. Airborne dust can get trapped under the film during the install and can show up. I swept and vacuumed mine twice before he arrived.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:11 PM
CtrUSA
Instructor

Might I ask what the ongoing rate has been?
I'm looking at full hood, rearview mirrors and the usual full front coverage. Ventureshield Ultra.
Thx
Old 01-12-2010, 08:07 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

I am looking for a clear bra installer too

A guy on six speed reccomended http://www.orlando-windowtint.com/. I have not called to follow up.

When I has at Porsche of Orlando, Bruce told me he can give a good list of installers. I will call him today and see who he has.

I am hoping to find someone who does not use a kit and does a complete install

Quick Reply: Clear Bra in Central Florida?