Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Germanfilters.com or maybe Czechfilters.com?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 10:50 PM
tpenta
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Red face Germanfilters.com or maybe Czechfilters.com?

I have a bit of an axe to grind.

I shopped online for an exact replacement for my cabin air filter and decided to purchase from germanfilters.com. I looked at this particular product: Mann Filter.

When I got the box, it was a filter from Rein which is made in the Czech republic. I sent an email to the company asking for my money back and reimbursement of my shipping costs.

I received an email a week later telling me that I could return the package for a refund but they would not reimburse me for shipping it back. I also got some story about how Porsche uses parts from many different countries. I obviously know that but if I order a Mann filter from Germanfilters.com I expect a Mann filter made in Germany. If i wanted any brand from any country I would order any brand from any country.

Not a big deal cost wise but I am never dealing with them again.

-T
Old 01-08-2010, 11:33 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

What you're going to find is that most of Germany has outsourced this sort of cheaper stuff to the former Eastern European countries simply due to labor costs. The standards are all there, within them.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:29 AM
Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

So, was the filter the OEM filter? I don't understand what the problem is. Do you actually believe that Porshes are 100% German? The transmissions are made by a Toyota subsidiary ( Aisin).

The auto business is international. The auto companies make very little beyond the body and engine ( sometimes they don't make that either). They do not make the braking systems, fuel systems, nav, radio, lighting, glass, steel, paint, interior, etc., etc. are made by the auto companies.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:45 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My brother's Passat is made in Austria. Does it count that they speak German?
Old 01-09-2010, 01:47 AM
tpenta
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

No guys. You are missing the point.

The product I specifically selected is clearly labeld as follows: "Meistersatz - Mann CUK 3360 activated charcoal cabin pollen filter for 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S with 3.8 engine ".

When you order something don't you expect to get what you ordered?
Old 01-09-2010, 02:33 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by tpenta
...When you order something don't you expect to get what you ordered?...
I see your point. You paid for a part represented as being one brand, Mann, and they sent you a part made by Rein instead. Regardless of whether it's a quality part, and realizing that even Mann filters might not all actually be made in Germany or that other parts on your German car might be sourced elsewhere, it still feels like bait and switch. I'd be a little p*ssed off too.

Last edited by Mike in CA; 01-09-2010 at 03:33 AM.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:35 AM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

You are 100% correct.....but it could have said "made in china". If you ordered a Mann filter you should have received one. I just don't have any fight in me to worry about the small items in life...I would just use that filter... post like you did...inform the company that you made this post...and move on. They will loose more in the long run by your post than the shipping cost...just make sure they see this.

abe
Old 01-09-2010, 06:33 AM
Bijan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not taking sides but interesting when I took my wheels off to wash the brake dust inside the rims this week:
The Conti tyres were made in the Czech republic, shown on the inside wall
The rims are made in Italy, maybe Momo???
I noticed seperately the Bi-Xenon headlights made by Koito of Japan
I am sure all to manufacturer's specifications
Old 01-09-2010, 09:27 AM
skizot
Track Day

I had a similar experience purchasing from this company. I ordered the charcoal version, same exact one you mentioned and received TWO of the non-charcoal ones (they only charged me for one). I contacted them, almost two weeks later heard back from them (after a second email) and they apologized and sent out a replacement charcoal version. When it arrived, it was not the same one that I ordered, but at that point, I just wanted to get the filter replaced so I went with it.

Not to mention the first two they sent me were for the wrong car. They said to just ship back the wrong ones and they would credit me back the shipping. I was not comfortable in doing that, I said they needed to send a call tag for them. Needless to say, about 2 months ago (original order was in April of 09) I gave away the other two filters that were still sitting in my garage as they never picked them up.

I would not recommend this company in the future, even though their pricing is really good. I guess you get what you pay for.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:37 PM
BonitoStrike
1st Gear

Angry beware of Germanfilters.com

I've ordered some filters from them before without problems. Hoever, when I ordered 4 oil filters for my VW Eurovan and they sent me the wrong ones. I contacted Brian and he asked me to send them back. I paid all the returned postage and they have not sent me the correct filters nor refunded my money back even I tried to e-mail, call them for dozens times. It has been 3 months. Don't buy filters from www.germanfilters.com unless you are looking for troubles!!! They don't have any customer service.

Quick Reply: Germanfilters.com or maybe Czechfilters.com?