Sponsored by:

Buyer from the middle east

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 06:05 AM
ArabCamel
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Buyer from the middle east

About to pull the trigger on an under warranty 2007 Targa 4s Tip with 23,000km for $70k.

Car looks clean and have been told that it was carefully driven by a woman.

Options include:

PASM, Navigation, full leather, and electric seats. No sports chrono.

Question 1: I can find similar mileage/option '07 C2S Tip for about $65k with sports chrono. There won't be a depreciation with the Targa in the market here so i'm not worried about that. Which would you go for and why? I do not intend to track this car but normal street driving here is always aggressive.

Question 2: Any Targa owners living in hot climates? This will be my daily driver and don't want the 118F of average weather during summer to make me hate driving.

Thanks for reading.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:19 AM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 235 Posts

I'm in Dubai and I would not own a Targa! Its just way too hot and the heat seems to bleed thru the windows.

I'd look for a coupe 4S...and a manual if you have time. I'll be daily driving mine and if you are worried about re-sale then you'd be smarter buying a Cab as they are in such high demand in the Middle East.

If its between those two I'd nab the C2S...

Good luck and PM me if you need a shipping company as the one I'm using I've used numerous times with great success and cheap!
Old 01-09-2010, 09:11 PM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
I'm in Dubai and I would not own a Targa! Its just way too hot and the heat seems to bleed thru the windows.

I'd look for a coupe 4S...and a manual if you have time. I'll be daily driving mine and if you are worried about re-sale then you'd be smarter buying a Cab as they are in such high demand in the Middle East.

If its between those two I'd nab the C2S...

Good luck and PM me if you need a shipping company as the one I'm using I've used numerous times with great success and cheap!
I'm in the Mojave Desert of California, but in the cooler upper region where we only rarely get above 115F, but somehow I doubt those last few degrees change the answer. We just bought in November and only considered a Cab for about ten minutes. Driving exposed in dry heat at anything above 105 is just punishment, so we figured we'd only lower the top a few days in Fall and Spring. That just leaves the top rotting in our very high levels of ultra violet.

A removable roof panel is manageable if the design is like the old Targa. We had an NSX-T that was very entertaining with the top panel removed... about ten days every year. The rest of the time, it stayed fixed. The design of the current generation Targa is not like that at all. The ones we examined seemed more like a giant sunroof. It would be a pleasure in many climates, but not ours. And I don't think you'd enjoy it either.

So I endorse everything Cam said. Grab a coupe and hold out for a manual unless you see a PDK in your price range. Those two transmissions are the only ones I'd recommend to anyone planning vigorous driving. In our climate here, or yours, I'd be afraid the Tiptronic would overheat with that sort of driving. Maybe I'm being too conservative since I've never owned one. We'll see what Tip owners suggest.

Gary
Old 01-09-2010, 10:05 PM
Alstoy
Burning Brakes

I'm not a price expert, but a few posts below yours is one about an '07 4s for $60k. It is also very loaded. In short, you should be able to either way get more car for $70k. BTW what is the gas price over there? I hear a gallon of water is more expensive!
Old 01-09-2010, 10:12 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by ArabCamel
About to pull the trigger on an under warranty 2007 Targa 4s Tip with 23,000km for $70k.

Car looks clean and have been told that it was carefully driven by a woman.

Options include:

PASM, Navigation, full leather, and electric seats. No sports chrono.

Question 1: I can find similar mileage/option '07 C2S Tip for about $65k with sports chrono. There won't be a depreciation with the Targa in the market here so i'm not worried about that. Which would you go for and why? I do not intend to track this car but normal street driving here is always aggressive.

Question 2: Any Targa owners living in hot climates? This will be my daily driver and don't want the 118F of average weather during summer to make me hate driving.

Thanks for reading.
Couldn't you use a different term than "pull the trigger"?
Old 01-11-2010, 01:33 AM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Dude, whoever is selling you a 2007 Targa Automatic Porsche for 70k is taking you for a ride. And a woman drove it? I would be even more nervous with that car.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:05 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Para82
Dude, whoever is selling you a 2007 Targa Automatic Porsche for 70k is taking you for a ride. And a woman drove it? I would be even more nervous with that car.
I believe the OP is not in the USA. Prices in most other parts of the world are MUCH higher than here in the USA.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:22 AM
ArabCamel
Track Day

Thank you all for your responses. I've decided to move on past the Targa due to lack of SC and the lack of a good technician here for Targa roof tops.

Found a very clean 2007 C4S with 23,000 KM, SC, GT2 kit, turbo wheels for 3k less than the Targa. Currently negotiating the price down, hopefully this will materialize!

Quick Reply: Buyer from the middle east