Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: If the Cayman S had the same price & power as a 997S, which would you prefer to own?
997S
75.61%
Cayman S
24.39%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

997S vs. Cayman S if...

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 09:59 AM
buckwheat987
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chrispeart
For 10 minute spurts alone I really enjoy driving the cayman more than the 911. I almost bought one over the 911 for this reason. For highway cruising to work each day the 911 is miles better than the cayman though. That noise and heat of the midengine encroach into a longer journey. Also, I much more enjoy walking into the garage and walking around the 911 and getting into the drivers seat...feels much more special. The sheetmetal of the 911 draws your fingers to it like no other. To top it off, and to get to the point which made my wife tell me which car I was allowed to get----Back seats. I get so much joy out of driving the kids to school in dads race car. Again just me, just back roads, just in the car, cayman.
i think the general consensus here its that they are both special cars i their own ways.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Great thread; I'm in the process of making this very decision with the need for a street only Porsche. I really like the Cayman hatchback and practicality but don't like the lack of interior space. Definitely not a Boxster as there is zero interior space behind the seats. I've decided on a 911 and preferably a Targa if I can find one....
Old 12-20-2009, 01:54 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 62 Posts

My kids enjoy their ride in dad's P-car as much (or even more than)as I do. It's that much special to drive my 997.2 C4S with my family with me. Just cannot take the idea of driving in a seat without any back space. Just not used to it.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:48 AM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

same power/price, still a 911 for me.

i did care a lot about the back seats, and that's the reason i don't drive a GT3 or the like.

i love the cayman/boxster and have had great fun with them. nothing disparaging to say about them but i am curious what this poll's results are in those forums!

lastly, regarding the comments about marketers deciding what the car delivers: of course they do. no company selling to consumers would allow engineers to make all of those decisions. no successful company would just let the marketers make those decisions either.

just my 2 cents...

Quick Reply: 997S vs. Cayman S if...