Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009 | 08:58 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

If someone is considering selling their sport buckets let me know
Old 12-13-2009 | 09:16 AM
p-cardriver
Burning Brakes

Since the thread has morphed into seat comfort...

I have std seats in the car (power with heaters) but I get sore after about 2 hours. Not bad sore, but a little uncomfortable. On longer drives I need to get out and stretch/walk around, which is a new experience for me.

In the summer I put in a pair of euro GT3 seats for track use. I can drive all day and night in those with no discomfort at all. But they don't have heaters, so I swap for winter.

I've been looking at putting aftermarket seat heaters in the GT3 seats for next year...

So I'm not at all surprised to see other posts with sport buckets or whatever being more comfortable than the base seat.
Old 12-13-2009 | 04:46 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Here is another 2009 C4S in Meteor Gray with Sport Seats (not Bucket Seats) with ancantera inserts.

Barrier 2009 C4S with PDK in Meteor Gray
Old 11-16-2012 | 11:22 AM
Startac
3rd Gear

OK, here we go. I purchased an '09 C4S with those sport buckets. Hate them! They are so uncomfortable, I purchased some adaptive sport seats from an '05. The seats will fit, however the electronics being, i.e. plugs matching contacts, compatible are not. The driver seat will not power up. Have 12 DC coming in from car, but not match on the *** seats. As for the passenger seat, powers up, however have pig-tail supply plug from car that does not have a match to the '05 seat because the seat does not have a weight sensor. Any help on getting the driver's seat to power up? Or other suggestions. And yes the carbon fiber sport buckets are for sale. Thanks,
Old 11-16-2012 | 04:24 PM
Viper6
Racer

Originally Posted by Startac
OK, here we go. I purchased an '09 C4S with those sport buckets. Hate them! They are so uncomfortable, I purchased some adaptive sport seats from an '05. The seats will fit, however the electronics being, i.e. plugs matching contacts, compatible are not. The driver seat will not power up. Have 12 DC coming in from car, but not match on the *** seats. As for the passenger seat, powers up, however have pig-tail supply plug from car that does not have a match to the '05 seat because the seat does not have a weight sensor. Any help on getting the driver's seat to power up? Or other suggestions. And yes the carbon fiber sport buckets are for sale. Thanks,
Sport bucket seats for sale... can you point me to your listing or porvide me some details and some pics? thx
Old 11-16-2012 | 05:03 PM
P0rsch3F113
Three Wheelin'

My back is bad too (SI joint problems).
Found the sport seats to be fantastic - much more comfortable than the standard seats.
They're slightly more difficult to get in and out of, but so worth it!

Quick Reply: Dealer change out seats on a 997.2?