997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Offer on 2009 911 C2S

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009 | 10:25 AM
Trader220
Race Car

The deals were better a couple of months ago for two reasons. One Porsche was offering more money back then they are now and two dealers had more inventory and had to be more aggressive.
Old 12-10-2009 | 10:34 AM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

Is this, in fact, a meteor grey Launch car, with the sport bucket seats?
Old 12-10-2009 | 10:46 AM
allandpm
6th Gear

Alfie...no it's arctic silver
Old 12-10-2009 | 01:30 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Alfie
Is this, in fact, a meteor grey Launch car, with the sport bucket seats?

Don't you (IRA) have one available for sale. I think it is on one of the sites. Best Offer. Are dealers very motivated to sell off the 2009s? Low 80s?
Old 12-10-2009 | 03:36 PM
slc
Intermediate

Yes, dealers are still motivated. Three weeks ago I bought a nicely optioned '09 S Cab for $23K off MSRP, this was a new car not a demo. Even at that price I probably left money on the table. I agree with everyone that mid 80's is the right price.
Old 12-10-2009 | 06:08 PM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by slc
Yes, dealers are still motivated. Three weeks ago I bought a nicely optioned '09 S Cab for $23K off MSRP, this was a new car not a demo. Even at that price I probably left money on the table. I agree with everyone that mid 80's is the right price.
I agree. Possibly not quite as hungry as in late Summer, but will motivated. We also bought '09 S about three weeks ago. November 21, whatever that is. We negotiated for an out-the-door price and I paid more attention to invoice and actual cost numbers than MSRP, but we were offered the same price for base 911 with the option package we wanted: PASM, Bose Sound, GPS, all that audio stuff and some miscellany like heated seats. The base was not even prepped yet and the 911S was a single owner, eleven month old car with 11,600. Choice of cars for... I think it was $77,000. As I say, we were negotiating for out-the-door price which is smarter in any state with high taxes. These were both $85,900 out the door.

Figuring backwards I suspect the base 911 with 'no' miles was a better financial deal since I had offers for current year demo S models from other dealers that were less than $77,000. But after taking a half hour time-out to consider, we decided a one-owner car with 11,000 was a more comfortable choice than a car from the demo fleet with 2,500. The first is likely to have been cherished and the latter may have been thrashed. Yeah, I know there are ways to check to some extent, but we had Swine Flu, had to buy a car quick since our previous sports car had been crashed by a dealer, and we just wanted to get a reasonable deal and go home without falling back on Hertz.

We declined the new one because it was black and in our town, black isn't a color, it's a hobby. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Had nothing to do with the 385 hp of the S. [g]

So if a base 911 was going for $77 in the last week of November, and a current year used S was going for the same price, I'd say an estimate of $82 to $85 for a C4S is quite reasonable, depending completely on how much you want the other options on this particular example. You'll love it any way, but I'll bet you already know that. Never let yourself ruin the fun for a lousy two key here or there. Get the car you want at the price you can negotiate on the day. Then enjoy hell out of it.

Gary
Old 12-10-2009 | 06:16 PM
Trader220
Race Car

We have a nice S cab new which we're offering for 23k off sticker price, its a loaded car which stickers for 123k but I can tell you that dealers sold off a substantial chunck of inventory and I know we're down to a total of 2 2009's from over 70 in aug and we're not lookingto give them away. I would be surprised if that car goes in the low 80's
Old 12-10-2009 | 06:48 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Trader220
We have a nice S cab new which we're offering for 23k off sticker price, its a loaded car which stickers for 123k but I can tell you that dealers sold off a substantial chunck of inventory and I know we're down to a total of 2 2009's from over 70 in aug and we're not lookingto give them away. I would be surprised if that car goes in the low 80's
Hi Howard,

Is it true that Porsche NA is offering free floorplanning for all 2009s? If the dealer waits another 30 years, it might become a collectible. . OK. I will stop. The old rules of the game were that most dealers want leftovers gone. Even at substantial losses.

Seems to me that there are a lot of 2010s around which seems a bit odd since I thought allocations were going to be severely restricted. I suspect with wall street paying silly bonues again, Porsche will want to open the valve and get those cars into the greedy hands of the brokers who used the taxpayers money to bail them out and now are back to their old tricks. Oops....did it again.

Seriously, Hope you are doing well moving lots of metal.

Regards....Mark
Old 12-10-2009 | 07:13 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Looking at the 2010 allocations we're getting I would say there will NOT be a lot of 911's around, and we're a big franchise.

Floor plan on an 09 is subsidized but also don’t forget that is LIBOR is somewhere between .25 and .5 money is cheap cheap cheap.

Besides unless is a sub 500 miles car its not going to be a classic, they make way too many these days!!

Good to hear from you as always Mark.

Cheers

Howard
Old 12-10-2009 | 07:34 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

$23k off seems pretty good to me - having sold them a nicely equipped C4S probably has $14k from Sticker to invoice - plus the $10k PCNA is offering - $24k - save 1 year worth of depreciation (i valued at $8k per year.)
Old 12-10-2009 | 07:36 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

When I first started selling cars in 2005 the dealership had two leftover 2003 996- 1 cab, 1 coupe - I think we took about $20k off - maybe a tad more to move them. -

I think the getting is good now if your looking to spend near $100k.
Old 12-10-2009 | 08:01 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by German_Saint
$23k off seems pretty good to me - having sold them a nicely equipped C4S probably has $14k from Sticker to invoice - plus the $10k PCNA is offering - $24k - save 1 year worth of depreciation (i valued at $8k per year.)

I love math. $112K sticker with a total margin (front and backend) just shy of 15% and another $10K truck $$$ seems to get me to about $26,800 total money to play with. That is about $86,000 dead cost. I know every dealer says there is only 11.5% margin but there is other money that is paid to the dealer based on being a well behaved and performing dealer. I also acknowledge that a dealer would like to make same profit too.
Old 12-10-2009 | 08:18 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Mark,

From the dealers perspective if he has one or two or three 2009's left and they're discounting the **** out of them and the 2's have 8k and the 4's have 10k cash back on top of that why should he give up 100% of every dime on the car? Especially if the cost to carry one is peanuts and the 2010 production is a heck of a lot less? If the place still had 2 dozen sitting around that would be one thing but for the dealers who have 3 or 4 or 5 why would they bother selling them for razor thin profit? They'll sell, trust me. There will be 2010 buyers who come in and see the 2009 for a heck of a lot less and wont care about the color or options as much when the car is 10 to 15k less than the 2010.

Before the whole board jumps on me and calls me a shady car sales person… Business is business, and the dealers ARE allowed to make money of cars even leftovers and not many of them are going to panic and start selling them for a loss just to get rid of them. I know there are a lot of people who think most to all dealers are sleazy and should not be allowed to make even 100 bucks on any sale, and I know this from some of the PM’s I get. Good thing about this place is for just as many of those nasty PM’s I get from cowards who hide behind their screen names, I get thank you ones for the people I have helped get good and fair deals from their local dealer.

Mark, I know you well enough to know you play with all the cards in your hand in buying cars, but you're also polite open and honest, and a pretty nice guy who is a savvy buyer.
Old 12-10-2009 | 08:24 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Mark, we really need to get you out of that vette and back into a Porsche
Old 12-10-2009 | 09:09 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Howard,

I agree with you that dealers need to make a profit and you will be "the one" that makes a razor thin profit on my deal when I pull that trigger. We came close last year but for "the trade" value.

There are sleazy salemen and customers. You have demonstrated that you are a professional who is helping us yoyos be informed consumers, for which I seriously appreciate your help.

I hate to give up a pristine Vette as it is a blast to rip through the gears and enjoy the grunt of the torque and HP. No flaming on Vettes. Heard all the comments already.

I hope to get a new or preowned PDK when one of my Bimmers comes off lease.

Keep me mind when your razor comes out!

Mark

Quick Reply: Offer on 2009 911 C2S