997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 Build Quality

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 06:51 PM
cbzzoom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"I have a similar intermittent rattle from the same area - in my case it seems to be from the Sport Chrono timer. The outer trim ring on the SC "bump" is a bit loose, turning the bump to the center or right detent solves the rattle completely."

I have a couple little rattles like this. They are pretty easy to fix.

The whole interior of the car is just little plastic bits, mostly held together with click tabs, a few screws here and there.

You can just pop out the rattling trim piece, wedge in a bit of foam so it will be compressed when the trim is mounted, and pop it back in. No more rattle.

When I'm on smooth pavement the car is totally silent. On a really bumpy road though (which we seem to have tons of up here in the PNW) it rattles and squeaks everywhere.

I am impressed with how well the body panels all fit together. And I'm very impressed that the engine seems to have no problems at all despite thrashing the heck out of it all the time.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:00 PM
johnny goose
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just wanted to ask everyone what kind of driving styles everyone has..even though i have a mdx acura tuck i tend never to run over any type of manhole covers cracks or even little tiny potholes that cant even be felt..does anyone else avoid all situations..
Old 04-01-2010, 01:48 AM
asu_lee
Advanced

Originally Posted by Da Hapa
At the risk of hijacking this thread... my 08 997S replaced a 1998 Acura NSX-T. I didn't put as many miles as you did on your NSX but my experience mirrors yours. Absolutely fantastic automobile. It's nothing short of a god damned shame that the company that made the NSX and S2000 (two very, very good REAL sports cars) never really updated either car to speak of and have apparently let all passion die in their company.
AMEN BROTHER!
-Lee
Old 04-01-2010, 01:55 AM
rpalomo
Instructor

i love rattles....every sportcar rattles...i rode in my friends 360 modena and it rattles everywhere...but i pay more attention to the sound of the engine and exhaust note...my lotus is a rattle master...no sound proofing whatsoever, but thats how i like em...but to answer your question, im still rattle free on my 997 but then again i hardly drive it, maybe once every other week but when i do its awesome

Quick Reply: 997 Build Quality