Sponsored by:

Question re 997.2 S FabSpeed Primary Muffler Bypass Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 01:11 PM
doubleclutch09
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question re 997.2 S FabSpeed Primary Muffler Bypass Exhaust

Just a few question for anyone who actually has the Fabspeed Primary Muffler (Rear Muffler) Bypass on their 997.2 S:

- Does it ever seem too loud? Sounds great on youtube, but wondering how it sounds for day-to-day driving. Also, how does it sound in the cabin? Does it sound as good or better than factory PSE?

- Does getting the primary bypass exacerbate the 997.2 DFI "soot" problem at all? I realize the soot thing is an issue for many with the new DFI engine and certainly don't want create a worse problem by removing the rear muffler.

Thanks in advance for any insight on these issues....

Last edited by doubleclutch09; 11-28-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:06 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the SharkWerks version of a primary bypass and I'm betting they are all pretty similar in sound and function. Try a search on "primary bypass" here at 997 and you'll find lots of threads talking about the sound levels, the drone (lack of), and soot. Basically, very nice sound upgrade, not too loud and you control it with your right foot (ie: coming through the neighborhood, keep the RPM and load on the engine low), and soot isn't related to whether there's a primary or not - it's just piping.

I've had many variants on my 997 cars and really like the whole DFI / Primary Bypass solution.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:13 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

i have fabspeed center bypass, i think thats considered primary?

by itself it was calm and mellow and slightly PSE... doing the gundo hack opened it up and made it sound amazing...

id say just the center pipe makes it more like 997.1 with PSE.... with hacked sides its like 997.1 with hacked sides.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:14 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

the soot gets out easier with that hacked, i think the amount of soot is the same,just you see it more.

just center delete was too tame for me, i did hack and its louder and perfect.. not annoying in cabin at all.

Quick Reply: Question re 997.2 S FabSpeed Primary Muffler Bypass Exhaust