Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiper blade replacement - Valeo OE? anyone tried?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 02:53 PM
brad@tirerack.com
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

One thing I also highly recommend is an initial treatment of our Aquapel glass treatment first. It's like Rain-X, but comes off easier and last 5x as long as Rain-X does. This combined with new blades makes the use of the wipers almost unnecessary most of the time..
Old 12-04-2009, 06:15 PM
smoove
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted to update everyone on this because I earlier said that the Valeos were working fine. After another couple of weeks, I have the complete opposite opinion - they don't work anywhere near as well as the OEM blades.

They don't seem to be able to maintain even contact with the windshield across the entire blade, resulting in the passenger side missing part of the windshield near the tip and some issues with the driver's side blade not fully wiping the window on the upstroke. Also, after only a month or so of use, the blades are starting to streak a bit.

I am going to fiddle with them a bit this weekend to see if I can improve their performance but I am pretty sure I will ultimately ditch them and get another pair of Bosch blades.

Quick Reply: Wiper blade replacement - Valeo OE? anyone tried?