Sponsored by:

Advice needed on Service issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 12:34 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Advice needed on Service issue

Gents wanted to get some advice on the following issue. My car is an '08 997S with ~ 24kmiles on it, and is a leased vehicle. I have dligently changed the oil every 5-6K miles, and have done at least 3 brake flushes on it thus far due to track events. Rear pads at almost 80% still, and fronts at around 60% or so. The lease is up in 12 months, and I expect at that point I will be around 36K miles on the car.

Since I will likely either turn the car in at lease end and walk away, or lease a new one, is it worth doing (read "necessary) the "major" service at my next oil change, which would likely be the 30K mark?, or do you think if I turned in the car at lease end slightly under the 36K miles mark, I would likely not get tagged, since the booklet indicates that plus, air filter, serpentine belt, etc., don't need to technically be done until 36K.

I am leaning toward the former, as at least I know that for 6-8K miles remaining on the lease, the car will be in great shape, and at lease end, all issues will be buttoned up. My local indie, who I love, quoted me $995, which seemed fair, as it includes oil change, brake flush, plus, air filter and serpentine belt.

Appreciate your thoughts

SS
Old 11-19-2009, 01:18 PM
Frino
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds to me like the only items you are missing are the air and pollen filter replacements. That's about all I would do at this point given your lease turn-in scenario. Parts will be about $100.

News to me that the serpentine belt needs to be changed at 36K miles...need to check one that out.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:36 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Does the price sound reasonable?
Old 11-19-2009, 01:50 PM
MyEmily
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Think the lease agreement indicated lessee req to maintain the vehicle according to manufacturer's recommended schedule.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:25 PM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MyEmily
Think the lease agreement indicated lessee req to maintain the vehicle according to manufacturer's recommended schedule.
But you don't have to do it at the dealership. Take it to and independent and keep the receipts for documentation. It will cost you alot less if you shop around.
abe
Old 11-19-2009, 10:22 PM
limey940
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by abe
But you don't have to do it at the dealership. Take it to and independent and keep the receipts for documentation. It will cost you alot less if you shop around.
abe
right, you dont have to worry about resale etc, just get it done cheaply somewhere, im assuming you would not be allowed to DIY due to lease terms

Quick Reply: Advice needed on Service issue