Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Too Few Miles Annually Voids Warrant?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 10:47 AM
Palmbeacher
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's nothing in my CPO warranty about low mileage, and I couldn't find anything in the original warranty manual. Mine's an '05 (in-service date 1/25/05, total mileage 22,500). When did it change?
Old 10-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by jonezy
My typing is rusty. Reposting

I was reading the 2009 911 owners manual the other night and I believe it suggested that Porsche could void your warranty coverage if you didnt put on at least 6500 miles a year?

While I understand in theory why PCNA would want to reserve this right , and I don't think I will be at risk for this, has anyone actually experienced it?

I can't believe PCNA would try to screw a consumer this way unless a component actually failed from lack of use.

Is this a written warranty remnant of rear main seal issues?
My 03 Turbo came with CPO warranty and had covered only 9500 miles since new. That's about 1583 miles per year. Tires replaced by dealer cause they were too old being original tires.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:28 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by jonezy
My typing is rusty. Reposting

I was reading the 2009 911 owners manual the other night and I believe it suggested that Porsche could void your warranty coverage if you didnt put on at least 6500 miles a year?

While I understand in theory why PCNA would want to reserve this right , and I don't think I will be at risk for this, has anyone actually experienced it?

I can't believe PCNA would try to screw a consumer this way unless a component actually failed from lack of use.

Is this a written warranty remnant of rear main seal issues?
My 03 Turbo came with CPO warranty and had covered only 9500 miles since new. That's about 1583 miles per year. Tires replaced by dealer cause they were too old being original tires.

There is a section in the manual -- not handy to quote from -- about if one is not using the car much or wanting to let it sit unused (in storage) for a while to check with dealership for advice/guidance.

I don't recall anything about not honoring the warranty if the car not used often, though I could see something like the battery not being covered. Tech tells me that replacing batteries in Porsches common cause so many cars receive so little use the battery dies. In one case -- a very nice looking 968 (that's a 968 not a 986) -- tech told me owner comes in every year with the car, or car towed in, to have new battery installed. Car receives so little use. Service manager pushed me a bit to buy the car but I had no interest in a 968 and it was a convertible too, which I was not at all interested in though car in fantastic condition.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Quick Reply: Too Few Miles Annually Voids Warrant?