Sponsored by:

Advice requested: 07 turbo vs 09 C2S

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 09:34 PM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dD/dt
There is a good argument that I shouldn't drive something like this, considering the mileage I drive, and that I'm just destroying the value
Oh pfft, no there isn't. Not really. Buy one and really put the spurs to it. That's what they're for.

Either car will reward you with hundreds of thousands of smile-filled miles if you keep up on the maintenance. As long as you're prepared to spend a fair amount of money on tires there's no reason not to put a lot of miles on a Porsche. It's a car, not a Fabergé Egg.

"These cars are meant to be driven, not polished." -- Dr. Ferry Porsche
Old 10-24-2009, 11:40 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 373 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by dD/dt
I'd like input, especially from people who have driven both. I need a daily driver.
The responses are about 2:1 in favor of the 09. I'm surprised as that's my pick but I'm usually the contrarian. Grab the trunk money while you can. dave
Old 10-25-2009, 03:21 AM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a few thoughts:
  • financially, you're getting more "value" with the turbo as you're further down the depreciation curve at the time of purchase. in the end though, it's about getting the car you want, so getting a car you don't want, is the least favorable financial outcome
  • i'm with nugget on the "destroying value" comment - don't worry about it. if you're spending that amount of time in the car, enjoy it
  • the only real reason to buy an 09 (IMO) if you're not ordering it, is the PDK. there's not much inventory so you may not find precisely, exactly what you want. the prevalence of the trunk money has already manifested itself in resale values and depreciation
  • flagship, smagship i say, it's just another option but a great car no matter what
  • in the snow, i prefer a better handling car, as opposed to a truck but that's must my personal opinion. if you're putting killer miles on it, drive it in the snow with the AWD (turbo) or with blizzacks on the 2S. the snow and salt don't impact cars like they did 20-30 years ago...

based on what you've described, i'd recommend the turbo. as for me, i'd get the 09 PDK but if it's a 6 speed, get the turbo.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:09 AM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If anything the C2S is the flagship. It's the Porsche icon & they sell far more C2S than turbo. It's always released before the turbo is. If C2S isn't it, for overall performance & distinct characteristics of owning a Porsche I'd think the GT3 should win that award.

Quick Reply: Advice requested: 07 turbo vs 09 C2S