Sponsored by:

Bose stereo upgrade in a cabriolet

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 11:38 PM
MattAu
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bose stereo upgrade in a cabriolet

Does anyone have any details on the Bose option for 2006 Carrera S Cabriolet? I am looking to find out how many watts it has and how many speakers there are in total. I thought I read somewhere that the cabriolet has one less speaker than the coupe but can't verify, can anyone help? Has anyone seen any reviews on the Bose system in the cabriolet?
Old 10-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I had the Bose in my '07 C2S Cab. I'm not sure about the speaker count, but one big difference is that the subwoofer unit is in the passenger footwell, not behind the seats like in a coupe. It sounded "ok" to my ears but not spectacular. It's not as if you need a high fidelity system in a convertible -- the road and tire noise is significant -- you just need something loud enough to hear at highway speeds.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:17 PM
NA011
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

In the Porsche 911 sales brochure (w/ "MKT 001 083 07" on the back) it states the following: ...... A 13-speaker layout ........ integrates 5 x 25-watt linear amps and a single 100-watt switching unit with sparkling signal quality, while a second switching amp in the active subwoofer offers an additional 100 watts of power. In the picture on the next page it states: "Two 5.25-in active subwoofer speakers.... Cabriolet and Targa 4 models: one 5.25 inch active subwoofer speaker." In the Porsche 911 sales brochure (w/ "MKT 001 055 06" on the back) about the Bose System has no mention about the Cabriolet and Targa 4 models. The Cabriolet is shown in this brochure but it was printed before the Targa came out.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:35 PM
acadian_dad
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nugget
I had the Bose in my '07 C2S Cab. I'm not sure about the speaker count, but one big difference is that the subwoofer unit is in the passenger footwell, not behind the seats like in a coupe. It sounded "ok" to my ears but not spectacular. It's not as if you need a high fidelity system in a convertible -- the road and tire noise is significant -- you just need something loud enough to hear at highway speeds.
I just noticed this in my new (to me) cab - see attached photo - it seems to trap the passenger side carpet mat under it as well - strange ...
Attached Images  
Old 10-18-2009, 07:57 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 465 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by acadian_dad
I just noticed this in my new (to me) cab - see attached photo - it seems to trap the passenger side carpet mat under it as well - strange ...
Dave, I was given an option when my new car came in, to have the reg carpets put in which they would place (jam) it under the sub-woofer or wait until the carpets for Cabs with high end Bose came in, that were taylor-trimmed to the contour of the sub..... so what you have, was my choice

Old 10-18-2009, 08:02 PM
acadian_dad
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Dave, I was given an option when my new car came in, to have the reg carpets put in which they would place (jam) it under the sub-woofer or wait until the carpets for Cabs with high end Bose came in, that were taylor-trimmed to the contour of the sub..... so what you have, was my choice

Thanks - another mystery solved !

Quick Reply: Bose stereo upgrade in a cabriolet