Sponsored by:

OT - I'm buying a non-Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 09:01 AM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by akim47
Minis are not without problems. Most common problems for recent model years include sunroof issues, transmission issues, and a cold start rattle that does have a remedy. A good resource for minis is available at www.northamericanmotoring.com

I'm actually getting rid of my '09 JCW Mini after reaching a settlement with BMW USA. They refused to buy back the car after 9 dealer visits in 12 months. We settled on a 6yr/100K transferrable extended warranty + cash payment from BMW USA. At 18K miles, I've already had my clutch and front brakes replaced. Prior to replacement, I never tracked or abused the car. I do drive it pretty fast, but they advertise "go kart handling". Even on my initial test drive, the salesman took some pretty hard turns to illustrate the car's handling capabilities. I was annoyed that upon my many trips back, they would always remind me "you know this is not a race car, the warranty does not cover blatant abuse of the car". This is after I told them that I did take the car out on Ortega hwy (canyon run in socal). Are you kidding me? I can't take the car out on a public road???
sorry to hear this. I know cars are machines and they break. I am still in the process of deciding. I might just wait to see what the Countryman looks like, debuting at the now ongoing Detroit Auto show!

Quick Reply: OT - I'm buying a non-Porsche