Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going to Germany, what to bring?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 03:27 PM
tetzlafh
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any Porsche dealer should be able to setup a factory tour if given enough time to set it up. Any average 'joe' can get on the tour no affiliation with Porsche is needed (owner/clubs).

Originally Posted by jerry1
Take an umbrella, it rains every morning.
Rains every morning? Where? Been sunny/partly cloudy here every morning for the past week.
Although I would make sure to have a proper jacket or buy a small umbrella when you get here as needed.

Originally Posted by medtech
window decals of the RING...
Oh please...only get the decals if you have done a lap on the North Loop. Don't be a poser
Old 09-19-2009, 03:31 PM
tetzlafh
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tetzlafh
Any Porsche dealer should be able to setup a factory tour if given enough time to set it up. Any average 'joe' can get on the tour no affiliation with Porsche is needed (owner/clubs).

Rains every morning? Where? Been sunny/partly cloudy here every morning for the past week.
Although I would make sure to have a proper jacket or buy a small umbrella when you get here as needed.

Oh please...only get the decals if you have done a lap on the North Loop. Don't be a poser

Dan has good advice though as far as taking in some things while here. German white wine is superb a few regions here I prefer the Mosel Valley stuff...but i'm biased as I live 15 mins from the valley. Spatlese, Auslesse and Eisweins are the way to go for you semi-sweet to an almost dessert sweet wine.
If you dont like sweet then well...there is plenty of dry stuff too.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:30 PM
verhag
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got back. Drove through Germany after attending F1 at SPA. If you have time, if you have not experienced driving "The Ring", do not pass go...do directly to Nurburg, stay in Adenau, at the Blue Eche, but whatever you do, complete a lap or two on "The Green Hell"....I rented a very nicely prepared VW Scirroco from Rent-Race Car, had only one hour of open track time, but completed 2 laps, safely and briskly. Highlight was watching, seeing, hearing, a bright green GT3 scream past me going into Kallenhard. Without a doubt the highlight of my trip!

d
Old 09-23-2009, 03:55 AM
Dave R.
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Stay a night at Hotel am Tiergarten in Nurburg, within the Nurburgring.

http://www.am-tiergarten.de/en/home/
Old 09-23-2009, 10:09 PM
raspritz
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 166 Posts

In Dulles Red Carpet Club on layover on way home from Muenster. Went to Porsche agency while there. They have much less Porsche "stuff" than my local dealers in USA, and nothing that was non-driveable that was at all tempting.

Quick Reply: Going to Germany, what to bring?