997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to park in Hoboken for view of mid town Manhattan? - REPORT back posted

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 01:37 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by mambodoc
I believe theres a good basckground view from the grounds of the Liberty Science Center...in the Jersey City general vicinity, and the exit is directly from I95. It's been awhile since I've been up there, but I recall the grounds are nice, as was the view.
That's a good spot. Right by the old ferry terminals. I have a excellent photo that I took from that spot with my Super Speed Graphic a couple of years before those bastards brought down the WTC.

There is also a spot on the palisade in north Weehawken. Its The spot where Hamilton and Burr had there duel. And its a piece of history.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...J5KpmQeyubGwAw
Old 09-02-2009, 03:53 PM
sws1
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MUSSBERGER
That's a good spot. Right by the old ferry terminals. I have a excellent photo that I took from that spot with my Super Speed Graphic a couple of years before those bastards brought down the WTC.

There is also a spot on the palisade in north Weehawken. Its The spot where Hamilton and Burr had there duel. And its a piece of history.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...J5KpmQeyubGwAw
Not a good spot anymore. They have a bunch of construction walling up near those terminals. Going to build a 9/11 memorial.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:29 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by sws1
Not a good spot anymore. They have a bunch of construction walling up near those terminals. Going to build a 9/11 memorial.
Well I have a very special photo now
Old 09-03-2009, 02:16 AM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 463 Likes on 183 Posts

Ok so I took this picture in Weekhawken, New Jersey, outside the Sheraton.

My damn GPS took me down the West Side highway on Manhattan; just what I wanted to avoid but once through the Lincoln tunnel I was back on track. Good spot for a picture I thought. But yeah the roads are pretty dire in both Mass and NY, the Jersey Turnpike however - lovely.

My road trip started at 11 AM after a flight from RDU @ 7 AM this morning and I got home exactly 1 hour ago, 13 hours then. Used 25 mpg and got no tix, but then surprising I kept myself in check. It's an '06 with 6600 miles on the clock, about 10% miles those applied today.

I had thoughts of keeping my Boxster but after 5 minutes in the 997 I think Autotrader may get a visit!

I joked with some friends today that I now have four girls, my daughters, Isabella, Sophia, Olivia and now, my newest, "Carrera".

Last edited by Bruce R; 09-03-2009 at 11:20 AM. Reason: add photo
Old 09-03-2009, 09:26 AM
Moderato
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bruce R
Ok so I took this picture in Weekhawken, New Jersey, outside the Sheraton.

My damn GPS took me down the West Side highway on Manhattan; just what I wanted to avoid but once through the Lincoln tunnel I was back on track. Good spot for a picture I thought. But yeah the roads are pretty dire in both Mass and NY, the Jersey Turnpike however - lovely.

My road trip started at 11 AM after a flight from RDU @ 7 AM this morning and I got home exactly 1 hour ago, 13 hours then. Used 25 mpg and got no tix, but then surprising I kept myself in check. It's an '06 with 6600 miles on the clock, about 10% miles those applied today.

I had thoughts of keeping my Boxster but after 5 minutes in the 997 I think Autotrader may get a visit!

I joked with some friends today that I now have four girls, my daughters, Isabella, Sophia, Olivia and now, my newest, "Carrera".

I'm glad to hear everything went good for you. The roads around there can have some craters in them and also some unexpected dips that can be a problem if you're going too fast. I'm not seeing a picture though, just a red X, anyone else?
Old 09-03-2009, 10:23 AM
Hockeyman11385
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not seeing it either. Congrats on the new car though.

Quick Reply: Where to park in Hoboken for view of mid town Manhattan? - REPORT back posted