Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paintless dent repair experience.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 09:30 PM
greenpdk
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paintless dent repair experience.

Hi All,

I have a 2009 CS2 and received my first door ding. It was located above the passenger side rear wheel, right on the flat surface just above the edge.

I was told by five different paintless dent guys that they could not fix it. It would have to go to the body shop because of the location (very expense repaint of almost half the car). Where this dent was, the body metal is doubled so they couldn't get behind the dent to work it out.

My feeling was that this must be a common place to get a ding and new dealers aren't going to repaint the car. My dealer in Woodland Hills Ca recommended a guy that they use. He came to the house and had it perfect in about 1 1/2
hours. He drilled a hole through only the rear layer of the metal and was able to work out the dent. He then plugged it and put a layer of silicone to seal.

What a relief. I thought I was going to have to live with that ugly crease. The guys name is Steve--818-481-0839. I highly recommend him.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:45 AM
rsdarcan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It works well if the folks doing the work are any good!
Old 08-25-2009, 04:43 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Some of these people are highly talented,--and some aren't at all.

The issue at stake for many is whether the owner is willing to permit the drilling of an access hole. In the California area it's not a big deal but I wouldn't do that in Massachusetts where the winter salts will ultimately get in there!

Quick Reply: Paintless dent repair experience.