Sponsored by:

Residual PFS

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 06:37 PM
offcourse
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Residual PFS

Have checked in on the forum for a while, but just signed up. My 997s lease ending in September and would love to keep it as it is in great condition, have called PFS a couple of times to negotiate the residual but they claim to never do this? Sure would hate to turn it in, any suggestions.

Greatly appreciate your responses
Old 08-19-2009, 06:51 PM
996toomey
Three Wheelin'

Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts

Some manufacturers will some won't. Lexus will not negotiate either but their residual is about what the cars are going through the auctions at. I have one where the lease is up at the end of September and was interested in the same thing.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:57 PM
MyEmily
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Think you can finance the residual. My Bro-in-law got an the option to refi the loan at his end of the lease. Although it's a BMW, but it should be the same. Maybe they will not negotiate the residual amount because. You did agreed with PFS the residual value by siging the lease at the start of the lease. Maybe you can negotiate with them by offering them a one time payment to pay it all off. That's an incentive. To negotiate and then finance the balance, think they will take their chance on the open market. JMHO
Old 08-19-2009, 09:53 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have an 08 GX 470. I was told that you can convert the lease since it is based on a simple interest loan. But, I did findout I am way over the 'trade-in' price, so I have about 4-5k equity! Myabe Lexus wants me to buy another vehicle!
Old 08-19-2009, 10:00 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

I spoke to PFS and dealer late last year re my wife's former 05 Cayenne S; they said PFS will not negotiate a sale at market price, any purchase must be at the residual. So I gave it back to them and let them take their loss.

Quick Reply: Residual PFS