Sponsored by:

Rear Sunshades...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 08:51 PM
mambodoc
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear Sunshades...

I'm looking forward to the arrival of a C4S, and was wondering what anyone is doing for a sun/privacy screen in the rear window. I saw a neat looking one on the Suncoast Porsche parts website for a Cayman that was a screen and attached to the perimiter of the window...no film type tint...Also..is there any type of fabric luggage cover available to keep contents of the rear out of view? Thanks much!
Old 08-18-2009, 09:32 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

I live in the sunniest place on Earth according to insolation maps. I dont do anything. Mabye I should.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:39 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

what are you storing in your backseats that is so valuable? Why not just tint the rear window limo dark?
Old 08-18-2009, 10:58 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

just tint the windows all around..

i store my valuables in my frunk... ive been meaning to get the "bad boys" gun rack done in my frunk for mossberg and AR-15 tho... not something u can leave in the back.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:05 PM
mambodoc
Pro

I don't care for the appearance of tint film and thought the Cayman type sunscreen might be a viable alternative...As far as a luggage cover...my 928GTS has a retractable rear compartment cover which added a nice touch and is very functional. My Cayenne has the same...out of sight, out of mind of those who are looking to rip you off. No matter what I carry, the less a passer-by sees the better. I do happen to carry a few small cases necessary to support a veterinary house call practice.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:22 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 238 Likes on 129 Posts

Years ago a company manufactured some very neat window screens that were literally screens,--but very tasteful. They were built to the precise dimensions of the 911 coupe windows, and were designed for the two rear side windows and the big rear one. It was a far better solution than using window tint (IMO). I still have them (in the attic). They attached to the windows by the window frames with slightly longer than normal straight pins,--stuck through these things and into the rubber window trim surrounds. Highly effective, and very good looking. I think it you saw these you would go for them. When I lived in OKC with a coupe these things kept my a/c effective!
Old 08-19-2009, 10:56 AM
mambodoc
Pro

Thanks Edgy..called Suncoast and found that the Cayman screen is actually a Porsche Tech equipment Product?! E mail on the way.

Quick Reply: Rear Sunshades...